Part 9

i walk into the fire house after a few days off with dallas. chimney was still in the hospital. everyone has texted to check on me and buck came over to check on dallas a few times as well.

i dropped dallas off at morgens earlier after i picked her up from school

i walked through the door and to the lockers to put my things away and change into my uniform.

i walk out and go upstairs. hen was sitting in a chair sipping coffee and bobby had just slammed buck up againts the wall. he was clearly mad and buck had probably pushed his buttons. i walked over to hen and sat down in front of her "what just happened" i whisper. "buck was being buck. he was being nosey and it did not end well for him" she laughs a little. buck was still standing at the wall when the bell sounded. he looked at us as we shook our heads and got up and headed to the trucks.

-

we got to the beach and jumped out with our equipment. i looked out into the water and seen a plane on fire in the ocean. "holy shit" i say. "have you guys ever seen something like this before?" buck asked as we stood there and looked then we ran to help get the boat in the water

we all hoped in and headed out to the plane. "the waters on fire" buck says. "thats jet fuel" bobby says "theres about 10 to 15 people on the wing about 30 in the water" hen says as people were trying to swim to the boat we were in and people trying to swim away from the plane

we stopped where the plane was broke in half and buck got off first and reached his hand to me which i took as i stepped on. he then helped hen and bobby got on "how the hell are we supposed to evacuate all these people" i say "we have to get all these people to the beach" bobby says and everyone was yelling around us. i ejected the raft "swim to the raft the plane is sinking" i yell to everyone.

we found a man with a seatbelt stuck in him we had to pull out and help get to a life boat.

as we walked we saw a mom and her son. "take my son" she says. "no mom im not leaving without you" he yells back at her "look baby the firemen are here they need you to get on there boat so they can get everyone out of here" she finally convinced him i was about to grab him before buck stopped me "ive got him y/n" he says before grabbing him and looking at me.

bobby tried to get the mom out "y/n go check the back of the plane" he orders and i started to walk towards the back where i heard yelling there were people trapped in the bathroom banging

i tried to move it myself but had no luck. "buck!" i yelled and soon he was behind me helping me but we had no luck "hold the boat" he says into the walkie. "wait what" i ask "tie the rope to the boat" he says and i hand it to him as i tie the other end to the piece that was stuck "alright were good" i yell to buck "everyone stay clear" buck yells as i move out of the way and the piece of debreigh flies out of the plane. so i open the door to get the couple out "breathe weve got you" i say in a calm voice a sthe girl was panicking i follow "theres a boat up ahead were going to get on the boat" hen says hen gets on the boat and im close behind her. "buck lets go!" hen yells as he was standing on the edge not on the boat. "buck!" i yelled. "bobby weve got to go" i heard buck say in the mic "evacuate all personal" bobby respond "that means you too bobby" buck says, back. and then buck disappears.

they were about to take off with us on the boat "no wait!" i yell "y/n we have to go buck will be fine" hen says. next thing we see is the plane sink and buck come out of the water and he swims to us. hen and i grab him and help him up and i cover him with blanket because he was soaking wet. he touches my hand and smiles as i let go we watched as bobby was lifted through the water by a helicopter holding the mom. i let out a deap breath of relief as we headed back to shore.

we helped acess everyone on land i looked at all of the damage and took a deep breathe. first day back and this is what happens.

i was lost in thought when bobby came up behind me rubbing my arm "hey you okay?" he ask i nod "did you uh get the boys mother right? shes ok?" i ask he nods "yea shes going to be okay" "good good. children need there mothers" i say before i walk away to find more supplies.

-

i hoped out of the firetruck and headed for the showers. i was freezing and bloody and was in desperate need of one.

i go in and turn the water on as i get in. letting everyone wash off me and composing myself.

i get out dry off and change into a clean shirt and pants. and tied my boots back on. i took my dirty clothes and put them away. i grab my phone and head upstairs where buck and hen sat on the couch. i walked into the kitchen and grabbed something to drink out of the fridge and they turned around to look at me. i then headed for the bunks where i took off my shoes and crawled in the bed and finally checked my phone where i had missed calls from morgen and some text as well.

i call her and it rings and rings. and no pick up. buck walks in the room and looks at me "you doing okay?" he ask rubbing his hands together and coming over to my bed "you took that kid from me why?" "because i figured that it wouldnt be a big deal and youve been going through so much that it wouldnt help" "buck its my job" i say looking at him "i know i was just trying to help" "just because you know more about my life and what i go through you cant be soft with me! you have to let me do my job dont baby me im not fragile i wont break" i say he didnt say anything "im sorry" he says looking at me "its okay" then we heard someone scream both of our names "y/n! buck!" i looked at him and then got out of bed and ran towads the door and down the stairs with buck close behind me. i look and see my sister and her husband standing in the middle of the room and he had dallas in his arms. "i tried calling you back" i said as dallas raised her head and looked at me. her eyes were puffy and she had tears in them she reaches for me so i take her. "whats wrong" i whisper. "i was so scared" she squeezes me tightly. "she saw the news and was worried you got hurt while you were out there helping so she wanted me to call you and then you werent answering so she panicked some more and then she wouldnt go to sleep and wouldnt stop crying so we had no other solution im so sorry" morgen says panicking with tears in her eyes. "no its okay i promise. were all okay. im okay" i say looking at buck. "we know im not supposed to come here like this" morgens husband says. "no its completly okay" hen says coming up i rub circles on dallases back as she sniffles still not letting go of me. "buck" she whispers and sits her head up so he looks at her. so he takes her from me.

this is going to be a problem.

she hugs him tightly and he rubs her back like i was before "do you guys want to stay a minute i was brewing some coffee" hen suggest. they nod and follow her up the stairs. i turn around and look at buck who had a smile on his face. "come on" i say as he follows me up the stairs to the couch where they had a movie on. buck layed her down on the couch because she was now calm and sleeping. they were standing in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee when buck and i came over. "thank you" morgen says. before i hug her tightly "oh by the way this is buck and hen. hen and buck this is my sister hen and her husband luke " buck looks at morgen and i back and forth "your twins" he says and we laughs "yea they are buck. growing up they would always play pranks and swap places because we could never tell them apart" hen laughs. "we never got caught either" morgen says. "no we did one time elaine tattled on us" i say "speaking of elaine. she told me about ya know" morgen says "um about what" buck says "its nothing buck" hen says "oh so you all know but me" he says kind of upset. "i got served court papers. dallas's dad showed up at my door the other night asking questions. he wants her back so i have to go to court" "im sorry y/n." he says sad now. "no its okay ill figure it out" "i always do" morgen mocks me. "would you please let someone help you i know a good lawyer were all in this together" she says "fine" "yea y/n were all here for you" buck says and hen rubs my back a little. morgen checks the time. "we should get going elaine is at home with the boys if we dont get home soon she might murder the both of us." i walk over to the couch to pick dallas up "no ive got her y/n" buck says coming up behind me. he scoops her up and i follow him down the stairs to the car and he puts her in and i buckle her up. we say our goodbyes and we leave.

i walk back up the stairs. "im going to have to explain that to bobby. speaking of bobby where is he?" i ask "hes probably just asleep" hen says. i nod and then head back to the bunks to try and sleep a little.

——-
I legit wrote so many of these chapter last night I was on a roll