Part 5

I wake up and take a quick shower. I French braid my hair in 2 and then I brush my teeth and get dressed into my uniform because I had work soon.
I walk into Dallas room "get up babygirl it's time for school" I say turning the lights on in her room she slowly sits up. and she smiles. "what do you want to wear today?" I ask going to her dresser.
"My flare pants" she says as I pull them out "the red ones?" I ask showing them to her and she nods "and the shirt that matches yours" she says and flops back down on the bed.
I pull out her shirt that I brought her home along with the hoodie. And her new red bell bottoms
"Dallas what shoes" I laugh at her "converse" "alright get dressed" I say and walk out after laying it on her bed.

I walk into the bathroom so I can do her hair when she's done

she comes in clothed and her hair in a mess I look at her and laugh "whats so funny" she says "your hair" I say lifting her onto the counter. she looks at herself and laughs

"lets get you dressed so we can go get breakfast before school" I say "I want braids" she says "just like mine?" she nods I French braid her hair into two just like mine. I get her down and she brushes her teeth.

I grab my things and Dallas's backpack as we walk out of the door to the truck.

I open the door as she hops in I put her book bag at her feet and I walk around to my side and get in putting my things in the passenger seat.

we drive out and go to a local breakfast place near dallas's school.

she ordered French toasts and I order pancakes.

as we were waiting she looks at me "whats on your mind?" I ask looking at her "your always going to take care of me right? never leave me?" she says "of course babygirl why" "because I love you and I dont want to be sent away" she says "why would you think that ill always be here. and I love you so so much" I say almost tears forming in my eyes. she's never told me she loves me. until now. she was tearing up "no dont cry you'll make me cry" I laugh a little.

"that guy and you still fight?" she ask "who?" "I dont know you say you and him fight" "oh buck" "yea buck" she repeats acting like she knows "he the one that short or the one with the mark on his eye" I say trying to joke around with her. "the one with the mark on his eye" she says and rubs her finger over her eye. "how'd you know?" I laugh. "aunt Morgen told me" I give her a funny look "she was talking about him at the table last night and I heard" she says giggling "you know your not supposed to listen to adult conversation you know that right?" "yea I know" she says and I laugh at her.

we wait and our food finally comes. we head to dallas's school right on Time "ill see you at 10 right? dont forget about me" she says getting out with her backpack on "I wont ill be here I promise" I say completely forgetting to ask bobby if it was ok if I left work for a hour.

she walks into School as I drive off to the firehouse.

I get there and get out walking in "goodmorning boys, and hen" I say as they were standing around "good morning y/n" bobby smiles. "someones a bit chipper this morning aren't we" chimney says. "did someone finally get in your pants" buck say and hen hits him on the shoulder "no" I say "im just in a good mood" I say "well im glad because yesterday I think you had us all scared you weren't even going to come in this morning" hen says. "no im all good" "well good" bobby says. "but I do need to leave at like 9:45 for just a hour is thats okay I have some business I need to attend to" I say "yea its okay as long as were good and not on a call or anything"  "thank you" I smiled.

then we started washing the trucks.

we were finished when the bell sounded "perfect timing" chim says. I laugh and hop in the ambulance driver seat with hen hopping in beside me