Part 10

the next morning i woke up to buck and hen shaking me i looked at them confused. "come on weve got to go somewhere" hen says. i get up and rush and put my boots on. "what is it a call? i didnt hear the bell" "no we cant get ahold of bobby so were going to go check on him" buck says.

-

hen bangs on his apartment door but we get no answer as buck tries to call his phone. "has he ever went MIA like this before?" i ask "no honestly i dont know much about him before taking over the firehouse just that hes in recovery" hen says we hear his phone ringing from inside "wait you hear that?" buck ask "im going to kick it down" "no your not i have a key" hen says pulling it out and unlocking the door so we walk in.

"bobby?" hen says. we look around and find him in bed buck looks at hen and i worried. "bobby" i say as buck cautiously walks up to him "bobby" he says. "come on lets get him up" hen says. we all pick him up and take him and lay him in his bathtub. and hen turns the water on as we look at him and he wakes up. looks at us and then covers his face. so we give him a minute while we walk out and sit in his living room.

-

bobby was now sitting on his couch buck was sitting on the arm of the chair beside him and i was siting on the table in front of bobby. "how longs it been?" i  asked. "546 days, 45 in a half is were being picky. 18 months" he exhales. "that crash was hardcore" buck says hen walks over with a cup of tea for him "thanks" he says. "everyone has there breaking point" hen says as she sits down beside bobby. "who were you cooking dinner for? you have 4 plates set" i ask. he looks at them "i dont know i was drunk" we all look at one another. "it was a one time things im going to be fine i promise" he looks at everyone of us "im sorry i put you through this" "maybe ask for help once in a while" buck says. he looks at us and his voice breaks "help" he says so we engulf him in a hug as he breaks down.

-

i walk into morgens and she had a nice dress on and luke looked nice as well. the boys were dressed in some khaki shorts and matching shirts. "woah why arent you dressed!" morgen looks at me as she fastens her earrings. "i just got off work was i supposed to be dressed for something?" i ask and the dallas walks in with a cute little white dress on and her hair in a bun with a white bow tied in it. "oh shit" i say as it hits me "we have family dinner tonight" i say checking the time. "i have something you can wear if you want and my curling iron is still hot in there" morgen says. "your a lifesaver" i say and rush in the bathroom to curl my hair so it looks good and the head to morgens bedroom where she had pulled 2 dresses out for me i pulled on the tight army green colored one and pulled on some ankle boots she left. i looked at myself in the mirror and dallas runs in with the boys after her. they run behind me around me and then out of the room. im really not looking foward to this dinner but im going to go anyways.

we all head out of the door and all got in the car with morgen and Luke. the  kids climbed in the back and buckled in and dallad climbed in the seat beside me and buckled in "okay we ready?" luke ask all of us "as ready as ill ever be" i say. "maybe it wont be that bad this time" morgen says, "you say that but its always bad" i laugh dallas reaches for my phone and i give it to her.

the boys in the back were fighting over something "boys!" morgen says. "he has a piece of candy" max says "deegan give y/n the candy you dont need to eat it before dinner" he hands it to me and i give it to morgen "is elaine coming?" i ask "yea she is" "good maybe so many questions wont be aimed towards me then"

soon we pull into the restuarant and we all pile out. dallas grabs my hand tightly and hands me my phone. 

i walk in after morgen and the boys as luke holds the door for us.

we walk in and see our family standing waiting for a table. we walk over to them and dallas hugs elaine. and my mom looks at morgen and hugs her "hi mom" i say as she hugs me after. "hi honey" she looks at me and then i look at my dad who hugs me tightly "how you holdin on girl" he smiles at me "im good. back in work im back on track were happy and good" i say and he smiles "im glad you deserve nothing more" "where my little girl at?" my dad ask looing for dallas  "hey i thought i was your little girl" elaine says. before looking at dallas who was in her arms "oh little girl were gonna have it out" she laughs and dallas laughs at her.  then our dad takes her and squeezes her.