Chapter 4 - Other lifes

Leo and Donnie were having one of their first night patrols, jumping and making parkour on top of buildings, getting carried away with the wind and adrenaline flowing by, it was so fun to be outside, until Donatello dropped his spear in an alleyway, making them both a bit panicy about the situation, they slowly made their way down, not wanting to call any attention, once they reached the bottom, Donnie sneakily approached his weapon, but when got a hold of it, he ended up grabbing another hand, a hand that belonged to a human girl called April O'Neil, Both of them panicked upon seeing eachother and began fighting over the spear, Donnie just wanted his precious weapon back so he could leave, while April was desperate to not let that terrifying monster get a hold of a deadly weapon that he'll probably use to kill her.

Leo watched the thug of war for a while until he got bored and decided to barge in the little discussion between them, he calmed the two scared cats and politely asked for the girl to please return his little brother's spear, promising her that they won't hurt harm her and that they'll leave as soon as they end this nonessential fight, the human girl is hesitant at first but she complies, letting go of the spear just for Donnie to run back to his brother in the verge of tears and hiding behind him, they're still pretty new to this vigilant thing, so the sudden bravery of that girl kind of terrified the purple masked turtle to the point that he just clinged to his older brother in search of comfort, she felt a bit embarrassed by what she did so she awkwardly apologized for the trouble she must have caused, Leo just brushed it off like if it was nothing serious, but Donnie just yelled that is WAS serious, basically throwing a tantrum over not having his concerns properly acknowledged.

Leonardo just smacked him in the head and told him to chill down and that it was not a big deal as much as he thought it was, this angered Donnie that just stomped his way out of there and climbed back to the rooftops to go home, Leo apologized for the inconvenience and said goodbye, showing her his finger guns before jumping up to follow his stubborn and pouty brother, April just watched as the two turtles drifted away out of her sight like the wind, she was just in shock, two mutant turtles just talked to her, that whole situation just blew her away, she froze in place and just standed there for a good while before walking away back home, to start a brand new project, a study about those strange creatures she just met.

Meanwhile, the two brothers arrived to the abbandoned building they called home and went back inside to the surprise of their father for how usually they'd come home late, but they returned oddly early and without a single bruise, he walked up to his sons and questioned them but they only responded by saying that the city was all clean tonight so they headed back home for today, Splinter immediately noticed that there was something missing from this story, after trying to pressure some answers out of them, the boys confessed to have met and interacted with a human girl that they met on accident after they "finished" the patrol, Splinter noticed the uncertainty on that sentence but decided to trust his sons' judgment, after all, it is an order of his that in case they met a human it was for them to rush home immediatly and to not cause a scene, so this time around... they were off the hook.

The next morning, April went to school as usual in her regular and life, everything was normal until she bumped into the school's troublemaker, Casey Jones, he excuses himself and apologized before he started hitting on her with some random and nonsensical flirts, she just brushed him off her face and went back to class, when the night fell, April climbed the building she lived on to try to see if she could catch a glimpse of those turtles once more, but she saw something else, she saw Casey, walking into an alleyway, for a moment she didn't even imagine what sort of stuff he was about to do in there, but then, of all the scenarios that came to her head, he did the weirdest thing of all, so weird she didn't even thought of it, he opened a manhole and just casually climbed down there, she had no idea what to do, so she just rushed down the emergency stairs besides the building and entered the sewers searching for him, he heard him in a distance, but something was off, it sounded like there were more people with him, they seemed to be friends, she approached the sounds slowly and took a peek.

There, she saw two mutant turtles again, but they're not the same ones, those are different, they actually wore clothes, they had no weapons on them, their names were different too, the other ones were called Leo and Donnie, but these are Mikey and Raph, the physical and personality differences are also very striking, one of them is significantly shorter, the other one has a more light skin and freckles, one was chilled and reserved and the other is loud and energetic, both seemed friendly but she wasn't sure if she should go there and meet them.

She doesn't even need to make a choice, since Michelangelo sneakily approached her to say Hello, she jumps back, screaming and trying to get away, Mikey mistakes her fear for shyness and just picks her up, lifting her off her feet and hugging her to make her feel better, she is way too panicy to fight so she just freezes in his arms not knowing what to do, Mikey brings his new friend to Raph and Casey, Raph scolds him for pratically kidnapping a random girl while Casey is just surprised to see that this is April, his classmate in school, it was sure an odd meeting but the happy turtle assumes that since she looks friendly and Casey knows her  she might just be perfect friend material for him, he takes her hand and runs away, almost dragging her to their house, excited to show her everything and introduce her to their friend circle since she is one of them now, Raph just rolled his eyes and Casey gave April a face that screamed: "You'll get used to this."