Chapter 8 - Sneak out

After the failed attempt of getting Raphael to cooperate with her plan, she excuses herself to the bathroom and conveniently meets Michelangelo there, leaving the bathroom, she gets an idea and acts impulsively, shoving Mikey back inside the bathroom and walking in, shutting the door behind her so they can talk, Michelangelo, understandably shocked, freaks out until April tries to calm him down.

🟠 - "GIRL, WHAT THE FUCK!?!"

🟡 - "Shhhhhhh!!"

🟠 - "Oh my God, the television was right!! Look, look, we can talk about this, ok? Just... please don't assault me in my own bathroom, my rubber duck is watching."

Mikey pleaded in the verge of tears

🟡 - "What? First of all, eww!! Second of all, what sort of creepy stuff you're watching on TV? And last but not least, we need to talk."

🟠 - "So you're.... not a predator?"

🟡 - "Of course not, what kind of idea is that?"

🟠 - "April, you just pushed me into the bathroom, threw me on top of the toilet and locked the door, what am I suppose to think?! I watched enough documentaries on stranger danger to know that this crap is not ok!"

🟡 - "Ok, that was my mistake, I am very sorry. I just needed to talk to you in private and I acted without thinking, Do you forgive me?"

🟠 - "..... maybe... what's the tea?"

🟡 - "Tea?"

🟠 - "The gossip, the buzz, what's up?"

🟡 - "(how does he know this sort of slang? He never even met any human before me and Casey, and I doubt Casey would ever say something like that.) Oh... right, uh... so, basically, there's actually two other mutant turtles in New York."

🟠 - "Oh no.... now you sound like Raphie!"

🟡 - "Excuse me?"

🟠 - "Look, Me and Raph might not live in the surface like you, but we've been around for a long~ time. We've been mostly everywhere in town already, he would often say he saw other turtles like us in his dreams, but even when we did look for them, there was nothing, and I don't think that there would be now, so please April, don't get in this rabbit hole, there's nothing out there remotely like us, we're unique, and if you do, run, it's probably a dangerous yokai..."

Mikey said dramatically to try and scare her off.

🟡 - ".... seriously? You believe in those silly books you read?"

🟠 - "They are not silly!! They're culturally important and full of meanings!! Those books are food for knowledge about other cultures and you have to learn how to respect them!"

While Mikey blabbed about his precious books, April figured out a way that might get him to go along with her plan.

🟡 - "Ok, ok. Sorry or whatever, but if you're really THAT sure that there's nothing out there, then you should as well come with me to take a look."

🟠 - "Take a... look? At what exactly?"

🟡 - "The turtles I've been seeing always pass by my house at night, always at the same hour, if you're so sure that they're not real, then just come with me to prove me wrong."

She crossed her arms and turned her head away to seem more challenging.

🟠 - "A chance for me to be right about something and not be laughed at? Hmm.... tempting..."

April tilted her head to get a glimpse of Mikey's expression.

🟠 - "*sigh* Ok, O'Neil. I'll go with you, but since I'm probably gonna get in trouble with Raph for sneaking out, I want something in return."

🟡 - "If you turn out to be right, I'll let you rub it on my face and tell Casey and Raph about it, not to mention I'm gonna take all the blame anyway."

🟠 - "You'll take the blame? Why?"

🟡 - "Probably for being a "bad influence" to you."

🟠 - "Oh... that makes sense, Raph would totally do that."

🟡 - "Uhum."

🟠 - "But... how about the part I can rub my victory in your face afterwards?"

🟡 - "That's totally on."

🟠 - "Then MAH. GIRL. You just got a new partner in crime."