Chapter 13 - New confrontation

April and Raph sat down to talk, April expressed her regrets and sincerely apologized for all the problems she caused him and his little brother, Raph was reflecting about the situation, processing all of the needless resentment he's been holding over April's head for the past few weeks, he felt a bit guilty about what happened too, he should have watched over his little brother more or atleast talked to him about April's terrible idea so he would know better than to go on with it, but as the two came to understand eachother's points of view, they eventually came to an understanding and found a common ground, accepting their friend's apology and agreeing to start over for now.

Meanwhile, Leonardo and Donatello were hiding in the other building, just a few feet away from Raph and April, eavesdropping on their chat, they were waiting for April to go home so they could interrogate the girl about their new found brother, but they were quite surprised to see not only her, but also the fourth turtle, their second missing brother, that girl knew both of them, they stuck around to see what information they could gather from them, and like that, they heard a out the whole affair, how Michelangelo got injured during the escapade, how he and Raphael went into hiding after the accident, and over all, how they basically scared the living shell out of the two sewer turtles, a feeling of despair and guilt washed over them and the urge to apologize ended up getting the better of them.

The two jumped down in front of them and they obviously freaked out, Leo tried to calm down the situation but Raphael was too angry to think rationally and immediately jumps at the ninja turtles without a second thought with nothing but his bare fists to fight, Leo and Donnie are taken aback by this, not wanting to fight a brother of theirs, which makes them easy sand bags for Raph to beat up, and that's what happens, Raphael lands the heaviest punch of his life right into Leonardo's face, which throws him on the floor and nearly knocks him out, it breaks his nose and makes it bleed a lot, Donnie is petrified by the scene and tries to run off, but Raph was quick to grab him by the mask tails and pull the poor purple ninja back into his devilish grip, Raph trapped the scrawny nerd in a choke hold while slamming his knee into his chest, beating the air out of him, April, as much as she feels satisfied by watching those two get beat up, she has a big problem with watching people die, so she breaks Raph away from those two ninjas before he gets anymore blood into his hands.

After she separated the fight (more like massacre), the two brothers had few minutes to put themselves back together before talking to them, Raph still had his guard up and ready to jump on them again, as soon as the two brothers got their act together, they stood in front of Raph and April looking defeated, they tried explaining themselves about what happened back when they first met Michelangelo and they apologized to Raphael for causing his brother to get hurt and threatening his friend, Raph doesn't let it slide that easily, the only way he'd ever be willing to forgive them in the slightest would be if he had gotten to beat them up a little more and then consult Mikey to see if he would be willing t forgive them too, because if his little brother wants nothing to do with them, neither does him.

The two parties make a "trunce", the ninja turtles would leave them be, stop messing with April and never pull out their weapons around them, specially Michelangelo, and in exchange, Raph would stop trying to kill them, April would stop stalking them and they would see if they could get in touch with Mikey so the four turtles could figure out this whole "family" thing.

Raph wanted to go home already, but the two ninjas started begging to go along and meet their youngest sibling, Raphael knew better than anyone there that this was a horrible idea, Mikey is still recovering from the injury those two nut heads caused him and Mikey is not in a good mood to meet them, at least not yet, he was still fragilized and scared, if Raph just took them home out of the blue like that, Mikey would probably die from a heart attack or get a brand new trauma in his life, which could make him stop trusting people all together, Raph included, Mikey trusts Raph with all his life, Raph always assured him that he would protect his little brother at all costs, taking Leo and Donnie to their home would contradict everything he ever told Mikey since that could mean he's putting Michelangelo in a grave danger, his little brother would be scarred for life, so this decision had to be thought out and executed carefully.

And so, Raph refuses, but the two turtles are insistent and won't let him go until he allows them to see Mikey, they want to apologize for everything and for what Raph told them, Mikey seems like a nice kid, and they want to get along with him too, Raph is not explaining them why he won't take them home with him but he is standing his ground and denying them the right to visit Michelangelo, April tries to reason with them, maybe they could call Mikey over instead of taking them to the Lair? But Raph, starting to get annoyed by the situation, keeps saying no over and over again, which get under Donatello's nerves, how can a turtle be so hard headed?!

Meanwhile, back in the sewer Lair, Mikey and Casey are playing cards, but Mikey feels that something is off, Raph has been away with April for a long time now, their curfew is almost there and there is still no sign of them, not a message, a warning, or a call, nothing, Mikey is starting to get worried, but Casey is fully convinced that everything is going to be fine.