Chapter 7 - Communication Gap

In the next day, April rushed to the sewers at 10 pm, she went straight to the sewer lair to talk with Michelangelo and Raphael about the probable brothers, but when she arrived, the boys were having a movie night, Mikey, Raph and Casey were making a Shrek marathon, they were already half way through the second movie when April barged in, as much as she was nervous to tell them about what she knew, they were as equally as hard to focus on anything, Mikey was hungry and went to get snacks, Casey followed right after him since he was also a bit hungry and Raphael was a bit irritated that they had to pause his favorite movie just to hear her ramble about something else entirely.

So April decided to take the chance that her and Raph were alone to talk to him about what could be his siblings, the conversation went something like this:

🔴 - "So, what's the emergency?"

🟡 - "I think I just made an incredible discovery, but I need to ask you a few questions before I tell you."

🔴 - *sigh* "There we go..... fine."

🟡 - "Do you remember having any other sibling outside of Mikey?"

🔴 - "Now that you mentioned, I sometimes have this vague memory of when Mikey and I ended up on the sewers, I always sworn I saw.... other turtles, maybe one or two, but when I told Mikey about it, he said it might have been a dream or that I was just looking in a mirror, so the two other turtles would have either been my imagination or just a reflection, but why are you asking me that?"

🟡 - "Well, you see..."

She pulls out some folders and shows him her pictures of the two ninja turtles she saw wondering around town.

🟡 - "I met these guys recently, and the resemblance is undeniable, humanoid turtles with full ability of speech and movement, distinct personalities, they are people, just like you guys, I know this sounds insane, but what if..."

🔴 - "They are our brothers...?"

🟡 - "BINGO!!"

🔴 - "But then... how... when... I... Mikey he.... I don't... I don't know what to say."

🟡 - "I was thinking, maybe we could find a way to meet them? They patrol all over the city at night and their route passes by my house, maybe if we stay around there we'll get to meet them face to face."

🔴 - "That's one way to go about it, but what if they're not so friendly? I can't take Mikey with me if that's the case."

🟡 - "If they're family, I'm sure it would be fine."

🔴 - "I don't think you understand how much of a threat these guys can be."

🟡 - "Maybe, but do you have any better idea?"

🔴 - "Maybe talking to them first? Show them a picture of us or something, it shouldn't be that hard for you to talk to them I'd they pass by your house everyday, right?"

🟡 - "Ok, that makes sense, but why don't you want to come with me? It could also make things easier I have actual proof."

🔴 - "Proof?"

🟡 - "Yeah, what if they think I'm lying? If I had you or Mikey with me, my words would be undeniable."

🔴 - "That doesn't make it any less dangerous."

🟡 - "Oh, come on, please! I understand if you wouldn't want Mikey and I to go alone, but why can't you go instead?!"

🔴 - "Because I said so, and don't discuss with me, April! You have to learn how to respect other people's boundaries and decisions."

🟡 - "You sound like my dad."

🔴 - "Well, he might be a wise man."