Chapter 11 - Dad's lecture

Leo and Donnie try to search around town for the two troublemakers they met, the human girl who's been bothering them and a new guy, another mutant turtle, how come this be? It makes no sense, it's always been just Leo and Donnie against the world, so how come a new turtle just appears like that out of nowhere? Something doesn't add up.

The two eventually just gave up and went home, they sat on the liv9ng room table and tried to understand what had happened, making theories, pondering, stuff like that, and as two discussed, Master Splinter walked out of his room, he was hungry and thought of getting himself a snack, but just as he was walking down the hallway, he heard his sons over a shut door, they were back earlier today again? How unusual.

The curious father gave a closer listen to what his sons were talking about and ended up overhearing them talking about another mutant turtle, it shocked Splinter, could it be the same turtle he was thinking? He walked in on the living room where he was met with his sons' wide stares like if they were just caught in the act, he pressed them for an explanation about the matter until they ended up spitting out what they have been up to, Leonardo confessed threatening a young human girl for stalking them, Donnie said he ws in on it and didn't try to stop his big brother from doing something so foolish, they recently discovered another mutant turtle, one that it's just like them, his name seemed to be "Michelangelo" but he scaped with the human girl as soon as the were spotted, so they still know nothing about him.

Splinter was shocked, he recognized that name, it was the name of one of the turtles he had lost so many years ago, for all that time he had thought those two lost turtles had either died or they had been taken away by those strange people who mutated them years ago, but now, one of them finally came to light, Michelangelo, he was the youngest out of all the turtles, sadly, also the most sensible, the day he adopted the turtles, each one of them had been described uniquely, each turtle was found and rescued before being brought to the pet store, but it was said to him that they were heavily attached to eachother, their relationship was so fascinating that he just couldn't bring himself to separate the turtles, deciding to adopt all of them.

Leonardo was found on a small lake in a park, a child found him being attacked by a seagull and decided to save him.

Donatello was given away when he was still an egg, someone's pet turtle had suddenly laid eggs and some of them weren't even fertilized, Donatello, was the one of the lucky eggs that came around.

Raphael was found on the road, almost getting hit by a car if it wasn't for a kind woman passing by who stopped the vehicle to rescue the turtle.

Michelangelo was originally a house pet but was left in the pet store because of his weak health, he was given away because his owners couldn't manage him.

According to the pet store, the vets ran some test and found out the turtles were all siblings, after a short investigation, they found out the same family that had given away Donatello had sold the other turtle eggs, but because the ones that bought them weren't as careful, they all ended uplost in the streets of New York, surely a tragedy, Splinter decided to take all of the turtles with him to take care of them properly and let them rebond as a family.

Splinter remembers how devastaded he felt when he lost two of his turtles, specially once he figured out that they had been mutated into sentient beings, that caused an even bigger wave of guilt to wash over him since he realized that those kids probably died as soon as they became aware, they received a conscience just to be met with a horrible and painful fate, but now, his remaining sons found out that atleast one of the missing turtles is alive, those news to him were great news, but Splinter had to be considerate on his sons' feelings, so he sat down with the two of them and they had a long talk, Splinter told them the story of their creation and how things turned from bad to worse.

Leo and Donnie were intrieged and listened carefully, their mouth slightly open with awe and their wide eyes full of wonder and curiosity, all of those revelations left the two young boys stunned for a while as a bunch of realizations started to sink in, it was quite a lot to process at once, and even with the many questions they asked their father, they still felt lost, once it was over, Splinter left the room to given his sons some space for them to finish thinking things through, the two were still in shock and speechless, it felt like their minds were completelly wiped out for how blank their thoughts were, it was like they got disconnected from reality for a moment.

The two brothers sat together on the couch, the exchanged looks and then shared a hug, after hearing everything that went down, they were just in need of some comfort and support, but since their father left, they relied on eachother for emotional support in those times of need, after letting go  and loosening up a bit, Leo leans over against Donnie and Donnie rests his head on his big brother's shoulder to cry a bit,it was not like, any emotional tie or connection he had with Michelangelo, but the idea of new-born getting lost, taken away from his family, it was just so sad and unfair to even think about it.

They just found out their family was torn apart from such a young age, it was like they never noticed and they felt horribly guilty for that, they were supposed to have been a family, how could it end this way? How did they just move on without a single memory of them? Did they just forgot about their little brothers? Why did Master never told them about this before? It just wasn't fair.