Chapter 9 - Night patrol

Leonardo and Donatello are having a pizza dinner at their home, earlier, they were about to head out for the night patrol when they saw a pizza delivery guy passing by on his bike and dropping a single box of pizza, the two ninjas looked at eachother with a grin and decided to delay the patrol for a while just so they could eat first.

"I mean, after all, how are we suppose to fight crime with an empty stomach, right, Don?" 

While the enjoyed the meal, April and Mikey sneaked out of the sewers after Raph and Casey fell asleep, she brought him to a rooftop where she often sees the other turtles stopping by, but to her surprise, there's no sign of them, it's odd, as far as she saw or new, they were very punctual, Mikey in the other hand was very delighted, not only did April seemed to be getting nervous about actually being wrong, but he was now just counting down the minutes until she admitted defeat and he could get out victorious, but he didn't said a word so he wouldn't come off as impolite or disrespectful towards one of his best friends.

April was growing impatient, thinking about how much trouble she's gonna get in over nothing, it felt frustrating, she made just a whole deal about this to Mikey and now she's got nothing to prove her point, Mikey will probably make fun of her for the rest of her days, and Raph will be mad at her for dragging Michelangelo out there so late at night, despite the fact he doesn't like them going outside after certain hours, he TOLD her that, and she still brought Mikey up there to wait for nothing, he was very sensitive to some kind of stuff, the city was dangerous at night, she no longer knew if this was a good idea.

April thought about what Raph had said earlier, about the chance of them being dangerous, he could be right, after all, Leonardo did point a sword to her neck and threatened to kill her, what if she was putting Mikey in danger? They warned her to back off and stay away, if they see them trying to sneak up on them, they might get violent, even with Mikey, should she just quit this madness and run off with Mikey? It's for her sake and his, this might not be assafe as she firstly assumed, she walks over to Michelangelo, who was just sitting byand looking around, and as she was about to admit defeat, a ninja star suddenly landed by their side, scaring them both, Mikey jumps behind April for safety.

Leonardo and Donatello emerge from the shadows with weapons in hands, unsure if a fight would have to break down between the four of them, April shielded Mikey in fear, gladly, he was wearing pants and a hoodie, so his mutant body was well hidden from the ninja turtles, he kept his head down and his eyes closed, too scared to do anything.

April tried to reason with the turtles, but Leo was too angry and caught up in the "bad cop" act, so he pointed his katana to her direction and started scolding her for getting in their way again, the stern voice from that guy scared Michelangelo so much he retracted into his shell quickly, the two ninja brothers watch in terror as the guy, who they assumed was another human, just suddenly shrinked mysteriously, April sees this and freaks out, she pulls the hoodie off Mikey, revealing the shaking turtle shell on the floor, shocking the two as Mikey slowly exited his safe body home.

Leo and Donnie exchange looks of curiosity and horror, Mikey noticed their distraction and rushed into action, he jumped off the floor, grabbing April's hand and making a run for it, they were on the top of a building so it was obvious that April didn't knew what he would do, Leonardo and Donatello tried to reach out by calling them, but before they could try and chase them, Mikey picked up April in his arms and simply jumped off the roof like a freaking maniac, April for real thought she was gonna die in that very moment, but they landed on a matress near a pile on garbage, all planed out by Michelangelo, thankfully, they got up and quickly found a manhole to scape to, when Leo and Donnie looked down, they were even more confused to see that the two were already gone, faded into thin air, just what even was that guy?

As Mikey and April dived into the sewers, she notices Mikey limping a bit, when she checks on him, she finds a bruised scratch int the back on his thigh, probably from the abrupt fall he took for the both of them, luckly, his other leg seems fine, but she has to take him home as soon as possible to make sure his injury doesn't get infected or anything, she throws his arm over her shoulder and helps him walk home.