chapter 07 ; part 02

Chapter 07; part 02;

It had been a few weeks after Night of Champions, and AJ Lee was still Divas Champion. After some arguing with creative, they had finally decided to allow Skye the chance she felt she deserved.

AJ Lee and Skye Blackwood have had multiple matches, all of them enjoyed by the fans. Skye knew of her ability as a wrestler, and she knew AJ's ability as well, but it was time for a title change.

A loud scream filled the arena as the lights dimmed a bit, a driving guitar following after it as Skye popped out from gorilla position, her face a little more serious that normally. She ran her fingers through her short, colored hair before almost bouncing down the walkway, slapping a few hands on the way into the ring.

After a solid 15 minute match, Skye grabbed AJ by her wrists, wrapping her arms around her own neck, setting her up for her finisher. Skye yelled as she pulled her arms, choking the smaller woman before ending it with a double knee backbreaker, knocking AJ out for the count.

Skye's heart pounded in her chest as she grabbed AJ's limp leg, holding it for the pin.

"1...2...3!"

The arena seemed to erupt when the bell rang, Skye's theme filling the room again. The shock of actually winning the title seemed to set in, flailing around the ring until the title was given to her. She stared at it, her vision becoming blurry before the referee lifted Skye's hand in victory as she screamed out in pure joy. Skye had no idea she was crying until she climbed to the top rope, screaming to the top of her lungs.

"I WON! I FUCKING DID IT!"

{ ... }

Skye's reign as Divas Champion was short lived, to say the least. When meeting with creative and hearing she would be dropping the title to Nikki Bella at Survivor Series, she was furious. She tried not to have anything against Nikki, or any of the girls on Total Divas. Hell, three of her best friends were on the show. Skye had worked her whole life, since she was about 17, to get to the moment she had on RAW. To celebrate with all of her fans and friends, and celebrate privately with Dean that night.

Nikki and Brie Bella didn't plan on being wrestlers. They were models before WWE, with no prior knowledge to the sport. It was unfair. She couldn't deny that Nikki had gotten way better in the ring, but she wanted to keep the title. To prove to the haters that she wasn't some flash in the pan, that she wasn't some carbon copy of Mickie James. But, either way, Skye had to agree. To keep her job, she had to agree.

Skye sighed heavily, staring at the butterfly decorated belt sat inside of her suitcase. She pouted at it, before scoffing and turning away. "Somethin' botherin' you, sugar?" Dean asked, taking his eyes away from the television in the hotel room to glance upon his girlfriend. Skye crossed her arms across her chest, unable to hide it. "It's unfair. Creative's making me drop the title to Nikki at Survivor Series." Dean raised an eyebrow, before rolling his eyes. "Wow, really?"

"Yeah! I hate to whine and complain, but it's only been 2 months. I wanted to prove a point to everybody by winning the title, you know? Everyone always told me that I couldn't make it to the WWE, and not only did I make it, but I became champion. To lose it this quickly, it's like a slap in the face to me." Skye rambled on, picking at her nails.

Dean nodded his head, listening to her go on. "I understand the feeling, kitten. I felt the same way when I heard that they would be giving the title push to Roman. I love the man, he's like my brother. I felt like it was a slap in the face too, you know." Skye nodded, stretching her arms out before laying her head on his chest. "But you have to think of it like this. Eventually, your time will come. Creative will realize how talented you are, like they did with me." Dean found himself absentmindedly running his fingers through her hair.