27

Aimee knew how she was keeping something from Tom. She felt like if he knew, he would hate her. She didn't want him to hate her.

Aimee knew that she had been shut off and withdrawn since the accident. She felt like her whole life had changed. And she wasn't down for it.

She wanted to be who she used to be. And that was the fun and happy Aimee. Not the shell she was.

The accident had changed her life. More than she wanted it to. And she didn't know how to handle it.

All she knew was that she felt like her head was about to explode. And she was scared.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She sighed as she climbed out of bed and walked downstairs.

Izzie looked to her. "Are you okay darling? You look pale."

"I'm fine. I'm just pissed that Bolton has gotten away with this. He could have killed everyone. And he's still walking around like he owns the place. He needs to pay," Aimee said.

Izzie sighed. She knew how Aimee had been struggling since the crash. And she wanted nothing more than to change how she was feeling.

She looked to Aimee and sighed. "I know you're hurting. But you need to understand that you'll get over this. I know it won't be instantly. But it will happen," she told her.

"I don't know anymore mum."

***
Aimee went into school where she met up with Megan. She had Poppy with her. "Hi my cutie!"
Aimee said as she took the little girl.

Megan smiled. "She wanted to see her auntie Aimee. Cause she loves you," she told her.

Aimee grinned as she held her close. She looked to Megan. "Have you heard anything about the accident? What's happening with Bolton?"

Megan shook her head. "I've asked Max to try and find out. But no one is telling him anything either. Poppy almost lost me. And Bolton can't get away with that."

"Exactly. So many lives were changed that night. Your daughter could have been left without a mum. My mum could have been left without a daughter."

"He won't get away with this. Even if I have to make him pay myself," Megan said.

***
Aimee smiled as she looked to Tom. She was sitting in the common room. He sat with her and smiled. "Hey. How are you?" He asked.

"I'm as well as I can be. I just... I want Bolton to pay for what he's done. And it's pissing me off that he's still lording it up. I honestly hate him," she told him.

Tom sighed. He knew how she was feeling. And he wanted nothing more than to take the pain away. He took her hand. "He will get what's coming to him. I promise," he said.

***
Aimee walked along the corridor. She saw Bolton standing there. "Aims. Come on. This has gone on long enough. I'm sorry."

"I told you. Leave me alone. Or I swear to god, I'll make you pay for what you've done," Aimee said.

Bolton grabbed her. "You can't hate me anymore than I hate myself," he told her.

"Wanna bet? You took something from me that night. And you're going to pay," Aimee spat as she turned and walked off.

But just what was she hiding?