Chapter 14

Suchitra's pov:

Suchitra's pov:

After the incident in the celebration I felt really sad. I did not like the way Arjun was insulted and what I hated more was that I could not stop it from happening due to Kanha's instructions. I understand that changing things which have already happened is bad but I can't just stand and watch everyone suffer knowing I could have saved them but I didn't.

I decided to go back to castle knowing very well that the pandavas except Arjun are really tensed as well. I walked towards Yudhishthir's room and when the dwarpaal saw me, he bowed and was about to go inside to inform the brothers about my presence but I stopped him "I have the permission to go inside, you stay here and let me pass" I said and he nodded letting me in. "What do we reason about Nakul?" I heard Yudhishthir say when I entered the room. They all were standing with there back towards the door and hence did not see me. "You shall reason about how the position of Yuvraj is rightfully yours Rajkumar Yudhishthir" I spoke up. All of them turned around startled by sudden interruption but quickly relaxed when they saw that it was me.

"Suchitra! Did you here what we were talking about?" Yudhishthir questioned "No Rajkumar but I had an idea. You should know that it is YOU who is supposed to be the yuvraj and you shall let everyone know it tomorrow" I said with a authoritative voice, walking towards where Nakul was standing and stood beside him "Suchitra is right jyeshth, you should listen to her" Nakul said. Yudhishthir looked at him and then at me. He then walked towards us "No. just like Lord Indra decides how much rain shall be received by a particular land and the humans have to abide by it, the king shall decide who gets the position and who does not" he explained both of us with gentle and calm voice, but I was not ready to back out. As I opened my mouth to speak, Sahadev interrupted "But jyeshth, if for some reason someone gets to rule a land for sometime it doesn't mean that he can own the land forever"

"Indra is immortal, not a human. A ruler can only rule a land for a fixed time period, that's why this tradition goes on, so that the one who sits on the throne for some time shall be the rightful owner of the land" Yudhishthir said to him. "But if the land is won by might then the land will belong to someone else wouldn't it jyeshth? We shall attain this land with our might jyeshth, if we have to battle then we shall" said Bheem. I could see Yudhishthir got a little angry at his words but I agree with Bheem and even if they don't want to fight now, they will do it in the future. "Whom will you fight Bheem?! Pitamah, Tatshree, your cousins?! No Bheem, you can't even think about war!" Yadhuvanshi exclaimed while Bheem just looked at him. "Why is the thought of war so bad Yudhishthir? Bheem isn't wrong and you know it. One shall always fight for what rightfully belongs to them, even if it means fighting their own family" I spoke up and then realised I shouldn't have, all the brothers looked at me as if they just saw a ghost. Yudhishthir looked even more angry now, he walked towards me, joined his hands and said "Rajkumari, if you think like this then I am sorry but you are wrong, I can't let my brothers fight our family and neither should anyone else fight their family for such a small thing. And you have no right to tell us what to do! You aren't a part of our family so please keep your advice to yourself, and also please let the dwarpal inform me if you want to enter this room since it is inappropriate for a lady to enter a man's room without his permission"