Chapter 21

Third person pov:

Third person pov:

It was the next day and Suchitra just woke up. Her day out with Nakul had been really fun, though they had gotten carried away and went back to palace later than the set time. Don't worry, they just had to hear an earful from mata Kunti and then they were off the hook.

Today, Suchitra had made up her mind that she will be spending time with the youngest Pandava, Sahadev. As soon as she woke up, her mind was filled with anticipation of spending a day with him. In her eyes, he was the calmest and the wisest amongst all Pandavas. Some might argue that it is Yudhishthir which is not wrong at all, in fact both of them are very wise with Sahadev being a little more than his jyeshth bhrata.

It was rather a gloomy day, with clouds covering the shining sun, creating an atmosphere of eerie according to some, but for Suchitra, this weather was the loveliest. She loved the dark blackish-gray sky during mornings. It made her feel calm and at peace, only if she could have a cup of hot chocolate and the classic Pride and Prejudice, it was her favourite novel of all times-apart from Harry Potter of course-but she remembered clearly how she would spend hours reading and re-reading the book, annotating it and learning all of its romantic quotes. If someone were to ask her to speak any she would start rambling out quotes without even wasting a second.

Sitting on her bed, staring at the dark and serene sky, her thoughts once again drifted to her past life in Kaliyuga. She thought of the times when her friends would tease her for being bookworm and then try to pacify her when she faked anger. Oh, how amazing it is that a simple change in weather can bring back so many beautiful memories.

She then got up and decided to get going with the day. She took a bath, wore a red and gold lehenga and then went on to offer prayers. She was a little behind her schedule since she slept in more today so she was quick with her prayers.

After praying she decided to have breakfast as it was already time. She went to the hall where all the ladies were sitting chatting happily amongst each other and eating their food. Dushala was the first one to notice her presence, she smiled at her and ushered her over. Suchitra smiled back and sat down next to Subhadra "Pranipaat sbhi ko" she greeted all of them "Saubhagyawati bhuva putri you are late today, your health is fine right?" Mata Gandhari blessed her and asked with worry lacing her voice. "Yes mata, I am perfectly fine don't worry. I was just a little tired yesterday so I slept in a bit more than usual"

"Ah yes! You were out horse riding yesterday, I remember" Subhadra said with a weird undertone in her voice. "So what are you planning to do today Suchitra?" Mata Kunti asked while taking a bite of her ladoo, as everyone ignored Subhadra which caused a pout to form on her face "I don't know mata, I think I will just read something. In this kind of weather I just want to sit in a corner and read for hours" Suchitra replied with a smile. Mata Kunti's eyes light up with interest shimmering in them "Oh! You like to read? My son Sahadev loves reading too. I am sure you are aware of it" Suchitra indeed was aware of it so she nodded and quietly ate her food. The rest of the breakfast went on without anything interesting happening as the women just chatted about different things.