Chapter 8 - The wedding

After the whole story came in front of the elders they scolded Patralekha for her behavior and the MohitePatil family became ashamed of their daughter's deeds. Her parents folded their hands in front of the Chavans and asked for forgiveness.

Mrs. Bhabani Chavan took the opportunity to give them a lecture about upbringing culture and family values but things ended there. None of the family canceled the wedding after also knowing that both the bride and groom don't want this wedding, in fact, the bride is in one-sided love with the groom's cousin brother.

None of the heads of the families were worried about the life of their children but they were more interested in saving the reputation of their own respective families. They have invited all the relatives and neighbors, the wedding function has started already and they can't cancel the wedding and make themselves and their families a laughing stock.

So it was obvious they ignored the plea of Samrat and Patralekha to cancel the wedding and were ordered by their respective heads of the families to go with the flow.

While Patralekha was crying listening to her grandfather's orders one of her friends came to her and said "Stop crying Patralekha see the opportunity you are getting with this marriage. Virat doesn't feel the same for you or he is not accepting that he also feels something for you for his brother. So if this wedding doesn't happen then there is a chance that you will never meet Virat again.

But if you get married to Samrat then you will see Virat there regularly. Samrat is an army officer who will not stay at home for long, but Virat will stay so you will get time to woo Virat and later you can make him agree to marry you. Samrat knows everything so getting a divorce will also not be difficult for you."

After listening to all these Pakhi become ready for marriage. Samrat tried to talk with her badi mami Bhabani but she told him "Smart beta these things happen before marriage but after marriage when responsibilities come girls forget about all these and finally love their husbands. After some time you should take her with you at your quarter and you will see he will devote herself to you and your family." Samrat understood that her mami will not agree to break the marriage, for her her family's reputation is much more important than his and Virat's life. He felt bad for both of them.

Virat also felt bad for his Jeeva. He also felt angry with Bhabani, he is not the ideal son like the other two obedient sons of the family but that day he realized for Bhabani only her family's reputation matters. She really doesn't care that both Samrat and Virat's lives will be upside down with this marriage. He called Sai and expressed his displeasure regarding all these. Sai was shocked to know this but she tries to control an angry Virat. Ninad and Ashwini disapproved of the decision of Bhabani as this decision will affect their son Virat's life and they love Samrat a lot. Ninad tried to make Bhabani understand but she dismissed it. Omi and Sonali as usual supported Bhabani and Mansi kept quiet as she thinks that her sister-in-law did a big favor for her and her son to allow them to stay in Chavan Nivas after her husband's death.

Ninad, Ashwini, and Virat all become offended and wake out of the wedding. Virat went back to his workplace in the pretense of emergency work and also took his parents with him. He informed the relatives that he is not feeling well but being SP of the district he had to go so he also took his parents to look after his needs.

Most also find some opportunities to miss the wedding and went to attain some acting workshops. Samrat was a bit sad that both his brothers walked out leaving him alone to handle the situation but he understand why they did it.

So without further drama, the wedding happened. Patralekha finds Virat during the wedding and becomes upset about not finding him there.