Chapter 00: {The Goddess And The Curse}

Seething, enraged, but collected

Seething, enraged, but collected. That was how she was always perceived as she sat on her blue throne. She looked godly, with a hand caressing her dagger softly as she assessed the trembling woman in front of her. No ounce of emotion slipped through her face nor her eyes.
But the woman knew. She knew that her doom was laying behind those dark flickering irises. The longer she stared at her, the lighter they became. The longer she didn't lower her eyes, the harder her punishment will be. She knew that, she knew to drop her gaze but she couldn't. She couldn't because the goddess had her enchanted under her gaze. She had her right where she wanted her to be. Trapped, locked in, and quivering in fear.

"Now pray do tell me little bird, what made you think you can betray me and you won't get what you deserve?" Hummed the goddess herself, as she swirls her dagger mid-air staring right through her soul.

"Kali Mata, please listen to what I have to.. say.. before you judge m..e.." it was becoming harder for the woman to speak. The longer Kali, or Onika, swirled the dagger, the shorter the woman's breath became. She dropped to her knees gasping loudly, clawing at her neck, looking for air to breathe into her lungs or perhaps, for some release. Any release.

Onika stood up from her throne and strode her way, in such precise grace that puts a feline to shame. Stairs appeared behind her feet before she moved them as she wouldn't even touch the ground others walk on. She was the mother goddess after all. Her black silk hair flows around her, enhancing her dark features the more she walked. She adjusted her red saree on her shoulder as she abruptly leaned over the woman making her flinch back with a shriek.

She smirked as she leaned in closer, her slow breath fanning her skin as she tensed. "I can smell your fear little bird, it's enticing. So sour.. tainting that sweet scent of yours. I feed off of that.." she hissed as she made her razor like teeth show. She laughed as she watched the woman stagger beneath her.

"I.. I apologize for everything.. I never thought.." she cut her speech off with a simple wave of her hand making her mute.

"You apologize for trying to poison me? Or trying to steal from me? Or for wanting more than you deserve? You wanted to steal from the woman who took pity on your case and lifted your curse off of you? What a shame, Ananya. Apology rejected little bird."

She started circling her like a hunter circles their prey, for she was that and both of them knew that. Ananya started to tremble harder, almost going limb from the pressure that keeps arising. She steadied her shoulders and bit on her lips to stop them from quivering. Kali hummed a beautiful tone as she awaits and awaits and awaits because she knew that the dam will be broken. And oh, was she right.

"Onika.." she started begging as her facade cracked within the blink of an eye. "Onika.. please.. Listen to me.. I'm sorry.. I would never do that.. Onika you know me.. I'm your little bird.." she started to cry harder as she saw how unfazed the goddess was.