Chapter 10: {The Goddess And The Hazed Truths}

"What she meant by who she was to you?" Beyoncé asked me as she detangled herself from my embrace, taking her warmth away with her as she looked up at me while putting a safe distance between us.

I clenched the aching hand of mine that was eager to tuck her back into my arms by my side to stop myself from doing such as I heard Rihanna respond with a smart comment. At times, I wonder if The Universe sent her down here to torture me some more and test what she thought was left of my redeemed patience, or if she willingly enjoys doing this to me. I don't even know why did I bother to wonder about this while I already know the answer to that.

I sighed deeply as I wrapped my head around all of the things that Beyoncé has told me she had the displeasure of dealing with, and they all sounded just like the evil woman whose only mistake was falling in love with someone like me. I was naïve enough to think that her cursing me was where she'll stop her torture, but it was just a Khwaish... a clumsy wish of mine, for she will never rest until she gets whatever justice she deems fit on me.

I shook my head as I sighed once again while shrugging my shoulders and meeting Beyoncé's gaze. "Teyana... The woman you met, or Tantra... Her witchy side you've had the displeasure to deal with, was once upon a time my... partner." I told her and now I was the one having the displeasure of seeing her hazel eyes turn dull once she processed what I said.

"So... She..." Beyoncé started to speak in a hoarse voice, but she stopped once she heard how she sounded, and she cleared her throat as she shook her head. "I... I need a minute to get my thoughts together, excuse me." She said as she abruptly stood up and quickly left the room.

Once she was out of sight, I followed her suit and choked my sister in a deathly grip while lifting her off the ground. "Do I interfere in your life choices? Do I disrespect your past and walk all over it even when I have the full right to, Roshni? Hum?" I asked her in an icy cold tone, one that made her lower her gaze to not stare right ahead at my blazing eyes. Quite literally. My eyes change colors each time depending on whatever energy I'm in, it all has taken place the day my breath was instilled within me.

She quickly tried to transport herself out of my grasp, but no matter how fat she thinks she is, she seems to forget that I was the one who brought her up to life alongside our Shakti, the greatest mother of ours after all, or The Universe, just as the humans know her or like to refer to her.

I held onto her emerald flashing thread of energy that was to trespass in front of me, and she whimpered as she got caught. "I think you're forgetting in whose actual presence you're standing, Roshni. I might not have my powers, but I am the one who have made you, little sister of mine. Respect that, and act accordingly." I told her as I let Tanya take control for a split second since she's the magical half of me for now, I watched as she breathed an icy spell out to stop Rihanna from shape shifting for what's left of the day until we get everything under proper control.

"I curse the day I decided to come down here to help your sorry ass, Kali." Was the first thing Roshni said as she shook her whole body from the effect of the magic that took place.

"Quit talking like you're one of those humans for starters." I told her as I hit her arm hard enough to make her eyes turn as cold as stones, I smirked at that as I knew that her mythical side is waking up. "See, there we go! Yet, I'm the one that's always insulted for my short sassy temper, but they haven't seen the real you." I chuckled amused as she tried to aim a fiery water ball my way, but I'm the one that humans think does this for fun? Alright, fine... Maybe I do worse than what she's doing, but it's fun to also take the full blame because I thrive off of fear anyway.

"For starters, you need to start talking like one of those humans, since you're to live amongst them, and oh..." She fakes a very delightful tone as she says what's next. "Oh... Maybe because your soulmate is a human too! Keep up or shut up!" She said as she glared at me while moving away from me.