Chapter 05: {The Photographer And The Breakfast Intruder}

I heard her footsteps following me behind. She was taking the stairs one at a time while taking every detailed picture I have around fully in. I take pride in decorating this mansion from scratch, it's my sanctuary.

"How is everything pictured so clearly?" She asked in a barely audible whisper. Her voice almost resonated in my ear and I had to stop myself from shivering at how close she actually was to me. This is going to be a long day for my hormones and it shows. I turned around and saw her looking at the different pictures I've been taking in each country I traveled to.

"Well.. you said it, I picture them by a tool that was made thousands of years after your existence." I said as I pointed to one of the cameras I was holding in one selfie I took in Morocco as I was just finalizing my documentary on the beautiful culture and its history and myths.

"Huh.." she replied in a daze as she kept staring at the different backgrounds in each frame. "This really is the future.." she pursed her lips as I feel like she actually came into the full realization of how real her curse has been. Oh well, sucks to suck. I really want to empathize with her right now, but I can't do that on an empty stomach. Plus, I used all of my morning's kind energy so there's that too.

"I'm really stuck here, aren't I?" She asked, and I didn't know if she wanted me to actually answer her or not. Lord knows she doesn't be fucking with me when I respond to her at times.

Sighing, I answered back. "For now, yes you are. That's what I've been trying to tell you for a while today." But you were bitching about it on my lap as if you were trynna scissor. I wanted to add that but I stopped myself because she'll deny it and I'd straight up laugh at her face, I bit on my lip to stop myself from saying that and giving her secret away. It's only been a half day with her around, let me let her settle in first.

She caressed her smooth midnight hair while running her hands through it as she thought of what I said. I noticed that her playing with her hair is a habit of hers that she does all the time now, it's cute. I saw how bummed she got and quickly thought of something to brighten her mood up. Listen, I'd rather a moderate neutral Onika than a grumpy one, at any given time. I beamed at her and it made her jump backwards a little, well damn.

"How about after we have breakfast, I'd show you some of the doc.." I stopped mid-sentence to find another word for documentary, dammit! I decided to switch it up again. "I'd show you how does your country look now from what I pictured through my.. uh.. my lenses yes! Does that sound good?" I asked hopefully and excitedly, because she's gonna be in for a ride!

I saw her perking up at the mention of her home. That was too cute! No, stop this madness! I need to stop finding anything she does cute.. Seriously, what is this? High school or what? "Okay, we can do that." She said and I swear, I almost saw a shadow of a smile playing on her lips. I smiled big at her agreement and ushered her to follow me downstairs but stopped midway again.

Hold on, did she just say okay? Since when okay was okayed back then? "Did you just okay me?" Now why in hell did I sound like an incredulous girlfriend who was gonna catch an attitude? I wasn't though! Ugh, whatever.

Her brows knitted in confusion as she tried to remember what she said. "I think so? Even though I have no idea what that means.." she trailed off as she stood in front of me.

"That's weird because this word wasn't around your time, considering you're ancient as hell." She looked offended but hey, it's not like I lied!

"Let me remind you again that I am youth personified and I never aged back then and I never will start doing so now. So keep that in mind, human." She pointed her finger at me as she threw death glares my way.