Chapter 07: {The Goddess And The Passionate Tainting}

"Are we going to just sit in silence today or are we planning to do something?" asked Matthew as we all just sat in a rather tense silence.

See the things about humans, they can't stand silence at all times. They won't tolerate being ignored or told the truth, they'll take everything to heart and hold you to any little thing said. They want to be friends and become acquaintances with anybody, even if the person was a walking danger, as long as they won't be alone or lonely.  And this whole ordeal was a prime example of it.

"Well, we are about to go out like we always do, papa. So, yeah we finna do something together." Said his daughter to him smiling.

Beyoncé, a girl... no, no, no... a woman who apparently knows about me and my arrival to her life, is obsessed with me and my whole existence or story altogether, or what do their historians know. She infuriates me to no end with her know it all attitude.

Tanya: "You're just annoyed because she mirrors your full behavior."

"Shut up Tanya!" She snickered at that.

Tanya: "Don't be mad at me for something we both know is true. She treats you the same way you treat her or other people at that, and now that you're getting all that handed to you, you're not liking it."

I mentally rolled my eyes at her and blocked her voice out. She is right, I refuse to tell her that though because she won't let me hear the end of it. We've always been like this, I'm trouble and she is comfort, I'm cynical and she's the optimist. She sees the good in everything, while I see the bad in addition to the good.

Tanya: "I do not know who are you lying to, but you don't see any good in people unless they're serving you in something."

Is she with me or against me? It's hard to tell now. "Whose side are you on, really? And you better not say Beyoncé's. You switched up on me faster than any curse I could cast."

She giggled as she innocently shrugged her shoulders at me. "Well since you know the answer to your own question..." she put up her own mental wall as she laughed her behind off at my shocked gasp.

This is malicious. To say that people believe that I am evilness personified, they should come and see what Tanya would be up to in any of those days. I shake my head at all this foolishness and refocus on the present moment, only to find myself getting stared at by Beyoncé and her father. The bond that they share is really endearing to watch, he's her protector and anchor, it doesn't take a genius to get that. After I stumbled upon them having that conversation earlier, I understood where her wisdom and fierceness are inherited from.

They're too alike personality wise, I doubt that they realize that. It also doesn't take too much brains to know that she's suffered from something violent that is still haunting her to this day. If this was happening back in my time, I would've made sure that this will never happen again, and I would've made sure that they're to pay. I never condone violence, until it has a good reasoning behind it. I would've protected her from all harm forms. Hold that thought right there, what? Where was this coming from? I shook my head to get rid of this and pulled myself together.

"Hello? Earth to Onika?" I was snapped out of my reverie as I saw Beyoncé waving her hand violently in front of my face. I lifted my hand with my inhuman speed, perks of being well trained the moment life was breathed into me, and softly held her wrists to make her stop. She raised an eyebrow at me stopping her, well what was she expecting?

"Yes? What's the matter?" I asked as I let her hands go. She stared at me with her hazel eyes. She makes it feel like she's staring into my soul and seeing right through me. "Well? What is it?" I asked again even if I do not like repeating myself. She's bending some of my habits, rather unwillingly that is.