Prologue

Prologue

Nathan's POV

Six months later..

Today reaches the sixth month after the war ended. I walked around the pack like every other Fridays as I did my weekly visits to certain houses and talked to them.

All of them have sent their well-wishes for their Luna, hoping she wakes up soon.

I am deeply grateful when they patted their hands on my shoulder or gave me a warm hug which I needed the most at this moment, knowing that my mate is still lying down on the bed unconscious.

Up till today, skilled doctors who have made their trips from afar and came all the way to my pack just to cure her, ended up stepping out of the room with futile efforts because my mate's case is incurable. Imagine the disappointment I had when their presence lifted up my hope, and I get a tight slap in my face at their statement in return because they couldn't do anything.

Slowly, the hope lighting up in me to cure her was diminishing.

Is this really how my mate is going to live for the next ten years of her life? Suffering in her body because of the silver, panic attacks happening every now and then?

Tears blurred my vision as I quickly wipe away the damn tears which lingered, I don't want the pack members to know that their Alpha is weak. I can't show them any ounce of emotions that I was affected, otherwise it will waver the pack's faith on me to reign the pack.

Balling my hands into fists, I took in a deep breath as I leaned against the bark of a tree, my eyes scanning across the peaceful pack as everyone did their usual routine.

I wish she was here with me right now, watching this beautiful sight with me. I wish I could hold her in my arms at this moment, entwining my hands with her slender fingers.

I sighed, smoke escaping from my lips as I tucked my gloved hands into my pockets. It is currently Winter and the weather is abnormally cold.

Usually, I would be walking around in casual attire in this weather, but this month has been exceptionally cold. Even the pack members were spotted with warm parka jackets.

It felt unusual.

My boots began to tread across the snow as I headed back to the pack house. Warm air hit me as I took off my jacket and gripped onto it tightly.

The stairs creaked slightly as I walked past it silently, going up the steps to the second level. Other than a few members who walked past me bowing in respect, the pack house was slightly quiet at this hour.

Reaching the end of the hallway, I knocked on the door lightly and pushed past the door. The heartbeat monitor beeped normally as I entered the room.

I hung my jacket on the closet door and turned to approach my sleeping beauty. I sat down next to her on the empty side of the bed, holding onto her slim fingers.

"Hey, babe. Today is the sixth month after the war ended. As you know, winter has arrived and it has become exceptionally cold this month. You wouldn't want to go out without a parka jacket. Speaking of parka jacket, I got you a pretty pearl white colored one from the mall yesterday. Of course, I had a little help from my mom. She picked this one for you and said it would suit you. So, I bought it without any questions asked. I can't wait for you to try it on and see you twirling around in it." I rambled on and on, talking to no one in particular.

Yet, a part of me hoped that she was listening to me right now. Eric had said that it would be great if we interacted with her everyday as there's a high chance of her listening even though she is in deep sleep.

So I held onto that little hope with me for the past six months, telling myself that she is listening right now.

Suddenly, her fingers twitched before she started gasping loudly, another panic attack happening again. Quickly shooting up from the bed, I pressed on the emergency button and held onto her petite figure in my arms, hoping to calm her down.

Eric barged in quickly, giving me a quick nod as I backed down and allowed him to take care of her. I closed my eyes, letting a tear fall as I stood outside of the room, my heart clenching in pain as I couldn't do anything to lessen her pain.

It was just like another panic attack. But this time, I swore I saw her fingers twitched. I have to ask Eric in a moment after my mate has calmed down from her panic attack.

xxxx

He held onto the clipboard in his hands, brows creased as he took down notes. "The panic attacks has decreased slightly, that's relatively a good news."

I sighed, "But she's still suffering and it pains me."

"I understand, Alpha. We are still trying our best to lessen her pain. Is there anything unusual you have spotted while checking up on her?" His last sentence made me recall back her fingers twitching when I talked to her.

"Her fingers.. They twitched while I was talking to her.." I trailed off, my thoughts going back to the image where I did saw her fingers twitching in front of my eyes.

He shot up in his seat, adjusting his glasses properly as his lips gaped open in shock. "That's a sign that she is waking up soon!"

My eyes widened instantly, mirroring the look of shock on his face. Suddenly, I felt energetic at this piece of news. After months of dwelling over my mate who is in a coma, I finally felt less tensed than before.

There's a high chance that she is going to wake up.

"Based on my experiences, if a patient's fingers starts to twitch, it means that they are slowly getting back control and will wake up very soon. I am not sure how long, but it all depends on the Luna's will right now. You are doing a great job talking to her, Alpha. She must have been listening this whole time."

A smile made its way to my lips even though it didn't quite reach my eyes. But, both my wolf and I are excited at the fact that she is going to wake up soon.

Very soon..

A/N _ Not too sure how it turns out, but I am hoping the sequel kickstarted in a right way?

Thank you for being so supportive readers! I honestly can't wait for Evelyn to wake up soon too XD