Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Nathan's POV

Immediately, I grabbed her hands in mine as I felt a struggle coming from inside of her. She is forcing herself to wake up at this moment but something was blocking her.

"Eric, I need you in the room right now." I quickly sent him a message, not caring whether he was busy at the moment. I needed him to diagnose my mate's condition.

What is happening to her? Why is there something stopping her from waking up when she is already conscious?

"Alpha." Rachel's eyes stared straight into mine as her eyes enlarged as though she has gotten some information. "My mate said there is someone looking specifically for you."

"Tell him I'm too busy to entertain whoever it is, get the person to leave." I grunted firmly, my eyes resting on my mate as I brought her hand to my lips, placing a kiss on it.

Babe, what is happening to you?

Her closed eyelids were flickering for a few quick seconds before it stopped, happening again and again until all movements stopped at this moment.

My heart felt like it had plunged down into the depths of darkness when all signs of her waking up ceased to a stop. She has given up and fell into a deep slumber once again.

I dragged my hands across my face in frustration. I was so close to see my mate waking up.

"Alpha, sorry to disturb you. But the lady is not going to leave without seeing you. She says she has something important to say regarding about Evelyn." My eyes snapped up to hers with a frown settling on my face.

"Where is she?"

"Waiting at your office. She claims it is something confidential that only you can know." I sighed, getting up from my seat as I took a last glance of my mate.

"Take care of my mate, Eric is on his way. I will come back when I am done handling that lady." I ordered, getting a nod from her as she sat closely by my mate's side.

I walked out of the room and headed back to my office, my mind pounding with thoughts about the lady who knows something about my mate's condition.

If she has worked with Jones before, she must know something. But she can be a threat as well if she knows Jones personally and worked together with him.

A growl escaped from my wolf as he was ready to tear her apart if she has something to do with the deadly silver which landed my mate in this state.

I pushed open the door as my eyes landed on a petite figure sitting on the couch while looking solemn. Her hair was tied up into a bun, her wrinkled fingers resting on top of her laps.

Her eyes found mine as she smiled, her mysterious silver eyes twinkling bright upon seeing me. Her silver eyes could only meant that she is a Seer. Only Seers possessed a pair of silver eyes which were able to foresee the future.

"What honor do I have for a Seer to visit me?" I muttered under my breath, not pleased that she has called for me when I wanted to be with my mate right now.

"Don't be so grumpy, Alpha Nathan. I am here because I know about your mate's condition, and the reason why she is unable to wake up until today."

"What do you know about her condition?" I eyed her warily, resting both arms on the couch.

"Frequent panic attacks, signs of waking up, block by something that prevents her from waking up are all part of the side effects of the silver invented by Jones."

"How do you know this much?"

"2 years ago, he has actually sought help from me to grace him with a deadly medicine which couldn't kill a person but slowly torment him until he suffers a pain worse than death. In this world, only a special plant has this effects. But it can only be found with huge determination, braving all sorts of winter storms to get this plant in the top of the mountains. He had saved my life before, hence I revealed the location. A year later, he came back to me with the plant in his hands. I made the medicine for him and he must have added it into the silver, making it more deadly for a normal werewolf to handle."

A growl escaped from my throat as I wrapped my hand tightly around her throat. My eyes turned pitch black in anger as I let out another deafening growl. I swore her eyes were filled with fear as she desperately tried to claw me to let go of her.

"Because of you, my mate is suffering endless pain."

She yelped again, her silver eyes slowly turning lifeless before I let go of her, dropping her onto the couch. She gasped for air, sucking in deep breaths greedily.

Her hands were wrapped around her throat as she held onto her burning throat. I stormed out of the office, about to head to my mate's room when I heard a small voice.

"That's why I am here to wash away my sins. I want to help her.." That was the last I have heard of her before I commanded Shawn to bring her to the cells.

She is the main reason why Jones was able to acquire the plant and managed to increase the deadliness of the silver, injecting into my mate's body.

It caused my love so much pain..

I let out a howl in pain, the entire pack going silent in seconds as every single thing stilled. It felt as thought the time has stopped as I took in deep breaths heavily to calm myself down.

Tears flowed down my cheeks, torn apart by her words which lingered at the back of my head.

A deadly medicine which couldn't kill a person but slowly torment him until he suffers a pain worse than death.