Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Evelyn's POV

I closed my eyes tightly and screamed repeatedly as my body suddenly felt cold. My voice echoed across the basement as I arched my back forward and released the pain withholding in my body.

Peeling my eyes open, I found myself floating in the air. My feet slowly touched the ground as I gained control of my body, my eyes noticing a pearl white dress touching my ankle.

As I looked down at the reflection of myself on the surface of the ice, I was shocked to find my hair turning into pure white color. Staring down at my hands, I found myself directing my powers at a nearby wall, causing it to freeze.

With another blow, the wall broke apart, crumbling onto the ground. Horrified that I was able to wield powers, I found myself transforming into a monster.

I can't stay here anymore, I have to leave. I found myself floating in the air as I escaped from the wall I had broken down, leaving behind Nathan who I had promised to never leave his side.

But right now, I needed time to process everything. This was too much for me to take in, I couldn't believe that I was able to control my powers and able to levitate in the air so effortlessly.

Who am I?

xxxx

I reached the top of a cliff and slowly descended onto the ground, my foot trails left frost behind whenever I walked. I sat down and heaved a huge sigh, wondering what was happening to me.

How did I change so much in a day? How could I ever face Nathan again after he had seen me transformed?

He must be seeing me as a monster right now. I couldn't possibly return back to the pack in this state, no one would ever accept me for who I am.

"Ah, you must be the Ice Elemental." A voice I have never heard before made me froze on the spot as I turned around warily, my hand forming a ball of ice behind me.

"Whoa, don't attack me, will you? I can't stand ice on my body, it's too cold for me to withstand." He whined, taking a step back defensively as though he was cowering in fear.

I stared at him intensely, wondering who he is. Is he also an elemental like me?

I asked with a shaky voice, "Who are you?"

He smiled and gave me a courteous bow, "The name's Jay. I'm a fire elemental."

Fire elemental? Isn't fire able to melt ice, why would he be scared of having ice on his body?

"Then, why can't I attack you with ice? Fire can melt ice, isn't it?" I stated the obvious, a dumbfounded look settled on my face.

His brows furrowed as though he was compelled against telling me. He wet his lips and decided to explain, "Fire does melt ice, but if I am in contact with too much ice, my powers will be frozen temporarily."

I nodded in understanding, a mischievous smirk crept onto my lips, "If you don't piss me off, I won't throw ice onto your face then."

"How sarcastic." He commented with his jaws left agape. He continued, "Anyway, you haven't tell me your name yet. And, what is a girl like you doing in the forests?"

I turned my back on him and admired the sunset instead, "I'm Evelyn, and I don't think I have to tell you anything when I barely know you."

"So guarded, I see. Well, then at least allow me to send you home. There is a wolf pack residing nearby, it would be dangerous for you to continue to stay here, even if you have powers to protect yourself."

"She's not going anywhere with you." A familiar voice I knew too well. I spun around hastily and felt my face lit up when I saw him. Jay held out an arm in front of me as though he was protecting me.

"She's just a mere human, Nathan. Leave her alone." This caused a growl to be emitted from Nathan as he stalked his way towards me. He pushed him away effortlessly and held onto me firmly.

Wait, do they know each other?

"I thought you are going to leave me for good."

"Leave her alone, Nathan!" Jay shouted, directing fire balls in his direction while I hurriedly blocked it with my arms. I was expecting my arms to burn, but it did not.

Instead, an ice shield was formed and protected us from the fire. It slowly melt upon contact with the heat and turned into water. Unbelievable, I could protect myself with an ice shield.

"Babe, are you alright?" He held onto my hands, his eyes glancing across my figure as he twirled strands of my white hair. "Your hair.." I took a step back and felt depressed when he saw me in this state.

"You see me as a monster too, right?"

His eyes glinted with warmth as he caressed my cheeks, "I would never see you as a monster, babe. You lost your wolf in the process and gained these powers, it is understandable."

"Hold up, hold up, hold up! Evelyn, you're not a human, but a werewolf?" Jay butted in quickly as he looked very shocked and puzzled at the same time.

"Was a werewolf, Jay." I sighed heavily, suddenly reminded of Piper. She used to be a very quirky and naughty wolf, but she still stuck by my side no matter what happened.

Now, I have lost her for good.

"You have remembered everything?" He asked me, his eyes lit up with hope as he held onto my hands tightly. I nodded, a tear running down my cheek. "I lost Piper and almost lost my life."

"That will never happen to you again, babe. I promise I will protect you from now on." He reassured me, kissing my knuckles affectionately. I smiled, my heart tingling from the feeling.

"Can someone update me what's going on? How did you guys know each other? And whose Piper?" I sucked in a breath and glared at him for being such a third wheel.

I demanded, gritting my teeth in annoyance, "Can you stop butting in and let me and my mate have some time alone, Jay?"

He took it as a cue to shut his gap instantly, "Right, pretend I do not exist."

A/N _ Photo above is Evelyn with her white hair.