Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Nathan's POV

A huge grin appeared on my face when I took hold of her hand in mine and led her away from my grandma as we walked towards a room.

Ever since the war had ended, my grandma had stepped down from the adviser role. However, she has grown closer to the pups here and decided to live with them, showering them with love.

I smiled at the thought that Elliot would be happy when he sees the Luna, he has been wanting to see her for so long. And I was glad I could keep my promise and bring her here to meet him.

He would be genuinely excited.

My hand wrung around the handle as I turned to look at her, a nervous look etched on her face. "Are you ready to meet them?" I asked, noticing her swallowing slowly.

"I'm not sure if they will like me.." Her tiny voice made me chuckle as I gave her a firm squeeze on her hand.

"They would love to meet you, even Elliot that boy. He has been chattering none-stop on how he wants to meet you after knowing you are awake." That made her laugh as she looked up at me with a huge smile.

"I think I'm ready to meet them." She gave me a firm nod and compressed her hands together in her small gloves. She didn't want to scare the kids with her powers so I had given her a pair of velvet gloves to put on.

I smiled, pushing the door open as I was greeted with the sight of paper airplanes. "Woah there, kids." My booming voice seemed to stop what they were doing as they turned to look at me before their eyes rested on my mate.

"Let me introduce to you the Luna, her name is Evelyn." I announced with a huge beam on my face as they clapped, their eyes dancing with excitement.

"Hello, Miss Luna." All of them greeted her in unison while she waved her hand shakily. "Hey children, how are you?"

"Excited!" Elliot's voice stood up the most as he sat upright on the bed eagerly.

A smile appeared on my mate's face this time as she looked curious, "Excited about what?" Everyone turned to look at Elliot who was blushing deeply.

"Excited to see you, Miss Luna. The Alpha has talked so much about you!" He grinned like a Cheshire cat, scratching the nape of his neck.

I chuckled, "Now, whose up for candies?" As I said this, I held up the basket of candies and all of them cheered as they rushed in front of me.

My mate picked up a few candies and helped passed them around, helping me along the way. I threw the candies to the kids where they caught it gingerly before rushing back to their beds.

"Thank you, Alpha and Luna." All of them grinned widely before they were lost in their own chatters. I smiled, grabbing my mate's gloved hand as I gently squeezed it.

"Come on, Elliot is excited to see you." The mention of him made her smile grew wider than it already was, as she followed along with me. I rested the basket on his table and patted the seat on the edge of the bed for her to sit down.

She complied and smiled at the boy. "Hello, here's a candy cane for you." She handed him a candy cane from her pocket. Immediately, a huge smile was plastered on his face as he took it eagerly.

"Wow, thank you, Luna. You got this for me?" He asked, beaming at her. I stared at her petite figure and smiled, loving the view of her interacting with the kids.

I know she would be a great mother even though my heart twisted slightly at the thought of her not making past the three year mark. However, I will do whatever it takes to make her spend the next three years in peace and let her explore the world as much as she wants before she leaves me.

I quickly wiped away the tear and smiled down at her lovingly, watching as she nodded to Elliot and took out a book which I had no idea she had brought along.

She stood up from her seat and tapped on the table lightly to get the kids' attention. "Does anyone want to listen to a story?" As soon as she had popped this question, I knew the kids were so thrilled to say yes.

In an instant, they gathered behind Elliot's bed while she sat on the edge of the bed and began her story-telling. Each time she reaches the climax of the story, she would make scary noises which had the kids squealing as they wanted to know what happens next.

I chuckled at their priceless reaction, even Elliot was shocked when the evil Maleficent had kidnapped the princess and locked her inside the tower while she fell into a deep sleep.

A smile was tugged on my lips as I realised she was recounting the story of the Sleeping Beauty. She must have heard about the twisted fairytale story I had made up after learning about the news that she couldn't survive after three years mark.

I was hoping she hadn't caught on as I knew she would be depressed at the piece of news. I wanted to see her living the next three years of her life to the fullest before she moves on to the afterlife.

Clenching my fists tightly, I took in a deep breath as both my wolf and I didn't want it to become a reality. We want to live with her for the rest of our lives.

My wolf had lost a part of him ever since Piper, her wolf died. However, it is depressing for both of us to know that she won't be able to make it past the third year.

Despite the fact, I knew I have to be strong even though my wolf is depressed. I have to be stronger to protect my mate before she leaves me.

I could only hope that the Moon Goddess would bestow my mate with the life she deserves and not take away my happiness from me.

She is my happiness, only she can make me the happiest man in this world.