Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Evelyn's POV

A/N _ Photo above is Fire Elemental, Jay.

"Come home with me, will you?" Nathan asked earnestly, his sincerity moving me as he seemed to be truly wishing for me to return back to his side. I nodded, smiling at him with tears brimming the corner of my eyes.

A thought crossed my mind as I pointed at Jay. "What about him? If we bring him back to our pack, he could tell me more about this whole elemental thing."

"Hold up, what's going on? I certainly did not agree to anything!" He raised his voice which came off as a squeak, he coughed it off awkwardly.

Nathan turned towards him with a solemn look resting on his face, "Since my mate has invited you to come to our pack, you better not reject this offer."

He raised his hand with furrowed brows, "Wait, I have a reason to reject this offer. Hear me out, will you?"

Nathan motioned for him to continue, "Elementals like us can't live in a wolf pack. Our powers will definitely be discovered and we will be hunted down by ambitious werewolves who wish to use our powers for the evil."

From my peripheral vision, I could notice his hands clenching tightly, "What are you suggesting, Jay?"

"What I'm saying is, she needs to go into seclusion and cut off ties with the rest of the world. This is to keep her safe." My eyes widened at his words. I could no longer have the freedom I want and have to live alone until I die.

What is the point of keeping myself protected from the world when I could only live for the next three years? Shouldn't I be living my life to the fullest and live with my mate until my last breath?

The thought of living Nathan made my heart ached, but there was nothing I could do to prevent death from approaching me. I guess, it was already written in my fates the moment I was born.

He growled ferociously in response to Jay's suggestion. He might have a point, but I only wished for a life spent with my mate for the rest of my three years.

"No, I will definitely not allow my mate to leave my side and live the rest of her life in seclusion." He stated obstinately while I couldn't agree more.

Jay turned to look at me with a pleading look on his face as though he was hoping I would take his side. I intertwined my fingers together with my mate and shook my head, "I appreciate your concern, but I won't agree to it as well, Jay."

He sighed, nodding in acceptance, "No wonder the both of you are mates, you guys are too stubborn for your own good."

I chuckled lightly, diverting my gaze towards my mate with love. "I can't imagine a life without my mate, I would rather face the dangers with him by my side than go into seclusion for the rest of my life."

He smiled brightly at my words, his palm touching my face tenderly as he leaned in and pecked my forehead affectionately. "She's right, Jay. You probably wouldn't understand since you don't have a mate now."

"Are you seriously mocking me, Nathan? How would an elemental like me have a werewolf mate? It's impossible." His tone turned high-pitched as he snorted in disbelief.

I glanced at him briefly with a bored look on my face, "Am I not one myself? Be careful of what you say, who knows the next second you might be falling heads over heels for a werewolf mate."

His eyes widened instantly as though my logic knocked some sense into his pea brain, "You're right. I really need to go into seclusion right now, got to avoid it before it comes."

I shook my head at his reaction, not knowing why he was so against werewolves. As though reading my thoughts, Nathan whispered in my ears discreetly, "He was bitten by one of my pack members when he was young, so he really hates wolves until today."

I laughed light-heartedly as I couldn't believe my ears, I mocked, "What a loser."

He chuckled, squeezing my hand as we began to walk back to the pack house in a comfortable pace. His eyes met mine warmly as he asked me, "Where should we go?"

I pondered for a moment with a huge smile on my face, "Let's visit Elliot and the kids tomorrow."

xxxx

As the kids gathered around me with fascinating smiles on their faces, I waved my hands in the air and created a crane made of ice. I handed it over to an excited Elliot who was staring at it with an inquisitive look.

"This is real ice, Luna! How did you do it?" He asked me with his eyes lighting up with joy. I smiled and patted his head as I asked him, "Would you believe me if I said I have ice powers?"

"I would! It would be so cool to have ice powers like Elsa in Frozen." He responded gleefully while the rest of the kids agreed in unison. My smiled widened as I gazed at them lovingly.

Only these innocent little kids would not see me as a monster, but a real-life Elsa. My heart warmed at the thought that these kids could understand me.

Delightfully, I waved my hands in the air and created snowflakes out of nowhere as they landed on each of the kids' awaiting palms. It slowly turned into different types of animals made out of ice.

Their eyes widened as they cheered joyfully, amazed by the surprise I had given them. They deserved it and I hope that the innocence in their eyes would never leave them as they grow up.

"Look at that, I got a horse!"

"I got a frog!"

"And, I got a bunny!"

Their chattering filled the entire room as they busied themselves comparing their animals. I smiled at their enthusiasms, appreciating the sight before me as I could use my powers to create a magical day for them.

I stared down at the locket hanging on my neck as a voice ran through my mind. "Evelyn, know that these powers shouldn't be exposed to the outside world otherwise, you would invite danger. Here is a locket made for elementals to seal their energy source, should your powers go out of hand in front of your pack members."

This was what Jay had given me and warned me before we left the cliff yesterday. Jay had guided me to store most of my powers into the locket and had it sealed for now.

Holding onto it firmly, I sighed as I vowed to protect these powers. I will not let my pack fall into any harm because of my powers either, I have to learn to control my powers and be a stronger person.