Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

Evelyn's POV

Visiting the same cell again, I waited for her to approach me from the dark. "What brings you here again, Luna?" She asked me, her eyes resting on the locket hanging around my neck.

She observed, "I could sense that you have sealed most of your powers inside the locket."

Holding onto my locket, I brushed my thumb across the metal surface as I replied, "Indeed, I came here for this reason as well. How do I control my powers?"

"Are you willing to trust a sinned woman like me?" She asked me, her eyes lit up with hope. I mulled over her question, if she had wanted to harm me, she would have done so already.

Yet, all I could feel was complete remorse from her eyes and her actions.

"Don't trust her, babe." A voice I knew too well made me spin around as I met his skeptical eyes. He held me close towards him and caressed my face tenderly, "I have been looking for you, didn't expect you to come running back here again."

I smiled, holding onto his hand firmly, "I'm just here to seek answers, love."

"Answers? The last time you came here for answers, you had transformed and released your powers without control."

"Alpha, forgive me for butting in. The powers cannot be suppressed in the Luna's body for too long, she needs to combine the powers with her body in order for the source of energy to be controlled. If the energy source is overpowered without the powers being released, it will cause her to lose her life."

"You dare to curse my mate?" A growl emitted from his throat as the woman bowed submissively. I held onto his arm to calm him and his wolf down as he took in a deep breath and turned to look at me.

"She might be right. Let's just see what she has to say."

He nodded reluctantly, "Fine, but if it endangers your life, we are not going to do it."

"Rest assured, Alpha. The Luna's life will not be endangered when she comes into contact with the energy source, but it has a certain risk to it as the source may not be easy to control."

"What risk are you referring to?" Nathan demanded, his jaws gritting in anger. He needs to calm down and not get so worked up everytime the woman says something.

"The Luna might cough up blood if she can't control the energy source when she is in the process of combining her body with the powers." His hand squeezed onto mine tightly as he disagreed immediately, "I won't allow my mate to continue with this process, it's too harmful for her body."

I tugged onto his hand with a frown resting on my face, "I need to do this, love. If I don't learn to control my powers, how will I be able to protect our pack?"

He pulled me into a warm embrace, his fingers smoothening down my hair. "I will protect you, you don't have to think so much about the pack."

"It's not the same anymore. You have a pack to protect, you can't protect me fully." As I pulled away from his arms, I smiled up at him brightly, my hand touching his cheek gently, "I gained these powers in the process of losing my wolf, the only way for me to protect myself now is to reign in my energy source."

He heaved a huge sigh, "Do you really have to do this, babe?"

I nodded firmly, determination running across my eyes, "Trust me, love. I will be fine."

I turned back to the woman and asked, "Where do I begin?"

xxxx

"In order to make sure you could fully control your powers, you need to go into seclusion and not be disturbed. You could do it in an empty basement where no one knows and it could hide your energy source from being sensed temporarily. You will have to take in deep breaths and control your mind and heart as you combine the powers to your body."

"Please be warned that the energy source might be too powerful for you to take in once you make contact with it, it might cause you to cough out blood as your human body wouldn't be able to endure. The only way for you to do so is constant effort and focus to combine with the energy source. In case your body has weakened due to the overpowering energy source, you can activate this badge and I will come to you to heal you."

My eyes flickered between the badge she had given me and the opened locket where I had unsealed my powers so that it could flow inside of me. I took in a deep breath and channeled my powers, controlling my source of energy inside my body.

A rush of energy flowed through my veins as I clenched my fists tightly and gritted my teeth in pain. The powers burned in my body as I tried to make contact with the energy source which was too overpowering for me to handle.

It has been a week since I had locked myself in an empty room in a basement just like the what the Seer had instructed in order for me to keep my energy source hidden. I had made Nathan promise me not to have anyone near me except for the Seer as I focus on controlling the energy source.

I have been trying to refine my powers and yet, just like what the Seer had anticipated, I kept coughing up blood.

It seems as though the energy source was too strong for me to handle that I couldn't control it so easily. As I coughed up blood one more time, I felt my body weakening incredibly.

The energy source was very deadly, everytime I had tried to come near it, it would resist against me. It seemed as though I couldn't connect with it, despite the powers flowing inside my body.

Have I done something wrong?

I took in a deep breath and found myself slowly losing consciousness as my body couldn't endure anymore. With one last blow, I activated the badge and felt my eyes closing on its own.