Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Nathan's POV

Disappointment was all I felt when she couldn't remember me. The look in her eyes showed it all despite she was awake, staring at me like a healthy, normal person.

My wolf, however, could not sense her wolf and he was confused and helpless, just like how I am at the current situation.

Something must have went wrong.

"Eric, my mate is awake. Check up on her, something has went wrong." I cut off the link afterwards and headed back to my office, summoning my Beta as well his parents over to my office.

By the time I have returned back, they were already sitting in my office, waiting for me. "Alpha." They bowed submissively in acknowledgement of my presence.

I nodded, taking a seat on the armchair, deciding not to beat around the bush.

"Eve is finally awake." I sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of my nose as I leaned against the headrest.

"My daughter is awake!" I could see the happiness in both James and Elizabeth's eyes as they clasped their hands over each other and grinned widely.

"She has awoken, but why are you sighing? Did she kick you out of the room again?" Evan teased while I kept a straight face the entire time.

"If she has kicked me out of the room, I would have been happier than I am right now. But I am not, because she can't remember who I am. Not only that, she has lost her wolf and can't remember who she is."

Gasps sounded from the room as I had ended the happiness which didn't last long. As much as I hate to break the happiness, but it was a fact that my mate wasn't in the right state.

"I need to see my daughter, surely she will remember us." With that said, James and his wife rushed out of the office as they headed to my mate's room. While Evan got up and patted my shoulders as a sign of comfort in silence, knowing that was all he could do at this moment.

"Thanks, man. You should go see her." He nodded, getting out of the office, leaving me alone in my office.

The biggest regret of my life was not being able to protect her.. I sighed heavily at the thought.

xxxx

I crossed my arms as I sat down on the couch, watching my mate interacting with her family. She seemed lost and confused at their faces as though she has never seen them before.

"So, you are my father, James and you are my mother, Elizabeth. And you are my brother, Evan.." She trailed off, her eyes looked distant as though she had zoned out.

"Yes, Eve. We are your family." Her mom spoke to her softly, caressing her hair as she tensed at the action.

"I don't believe what all of you are saying. I know I am a werewolf, but I can't feel my wolf at all. If you are my family, my wolf would have at least appear. But, there's no response. Not even that guy who claims he is my mate." She said through gritted teeth, her eyes turning into a shade of white as she swatted away her mom's hand which caused her to yelp loudly in pain.

Frost appeared on her mother's hand as she gasped, crying out loud in terror.

My eyes widened instantly as I shot up from my seat, quickly approaching her mom as I inspected the damage. "What is going on?" She gasped, covering her mouth at the sight of what she had done.

"Eric, are you aware of what's going on?" I growled out, turning to face him as he stood by the side the whole time with shock all over his face.

"I have no idea what is going on, Alpha. Let me investigate on this matter. As of now, I advise the patient to be left alone on her own as her emotions are still unstable."

"Fine, I expect an answer as soon as possible." With that said, I cleared my throat and gestured towards the door as James, his wife and Evan nodded and left the room along with Eric.

I turned around to be met with my cowering mate who looked so lost at what had just happened, her eyes tearing up as she stared at her own hands which have just hurt her own mother.

I held onto her hands gently and placed a gentle kiss on them. "Don't be afraid, Eve. I am going to stay by your side and go through this with you."

Her head slowly tilted up as she looked at me, her teary eyes shining brightly as they turned back to her normal color. "I have become a monster, right?"

Lifting up my hand, I slowly caressed her soft cheeks as I shook my head gently. "No, you are not. You will never be a monster in my eyes, you are the little mate that I have to protect. I know despite you losing your memories, and this may sound foreign to you, but I love you with all my heart, and I still do."

"Too early to say that, Nathan." She whispered, breaking into a smile which I have always adored. I chuckled deeply, leaning in slowly as I kissed her forehead.

I could feel her body tense as her smile faded before she deadpanned. I can't help but to laugh at her reaction as she frowned instantly. "Stop teasing me." She grunted out loud, annoyed at what I was doing to her.

"Alright, alright, whatever you say. Are you hungry? Let's go out for dinner."

"Been waiting for you to ask this question, I'm starving already." She grumbled out loud, making me chuckle lightly at her response. I was already missing this side of her.

And, she's slowly displaying her old self back without herself knowing. The silver must have taken a toll on her such that it made her lose so much memories and even lose her wolf.

My heart clenched tightly at the sight, knowing that no matter what happens, I will never leave her and will love her till death do us apart.

I love you, Eve..