Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Nathan's POV

I f*cked up.

It has only been a day since she woke up and she had seen the monstrous side of me. Not only that, it triggered her and made her believe that she is becoming a monster as well.

What have I done?

Pushing my legs to go faster, I noticed frosts against a tree, knowing she must have been here minutes ago. I let my senses kicked in as I sniff in the air, picking up her scent.

Her scent brought me deeper into the forests, the path becoming vividly familiar. This path was leading me to the place where she would always go to when she wanted peace on her own.

And I even had to bring her out of the damn water a couple of times, out of fear that she will drown to her death. Despite that, she never learns. Even losing her memories, it seems like that place is the only place where her instincts will bring her to.

Or could it be she's gaining back her memories?

My breathing slowed down as I began trudging across the snow until I reached a clearing. Laid sprawled on top of the frosted lake is my beautiful mate.

Even her smile seems so mesmerizing though she seems to be deep in thoughts.

I slowly walking towards her, being careful not to frighten her at the moment. Knowing that what she wants now the most is some time alone, but I can't bear to leave her alone.

I have lost her once, I can't lose her again.

She giggled, staring at the amazing masterpiece she was making on the ice. Beautiful patterns were formed as the shape of a wolf was imprinted on it.

Her wolf, Piper.

She slowly caressed it on the ice, tears escaping through her tear ducts. "You must have been a great person in my life." She whispered to herself.

My heart was torn by what I saw, she was hurting. Losing her wolf, finding newfound powers, unable to control them and becoming a monster gradually.

Things must have taken a toll on her ever since she woke up. Some part of me wished that it was me who would take her place and suffer, instead of her.

Maybe, she would have been happier than she is now.

Her eyes suddenly met mine as she gasped in shock, her brows furrowing deeply. "How long have you been standing here?" I shrugged, "Maybe a few minutes."

"Which means you have been watching me silently." She concluded, her brows furrowing even deeper like how she would always do when she sees me.

I missed those days even though she hated me. I still loved her for who she is, and not just because she's my mate. I have been in love with her when we were younger, I just didn't want to admit it.

"I love you." I blurted out, knowing that it was very random but I can't help it. I just can't imagine myself living without her again. I just want to set things right for once.

"I know what happened was my fault, but she had a part to play in this plot against us. That's why I can't forgive her and I tortured her for making you suffer so much in pain. Seeing you hurting so much doubles up the pain in my heart. That's why I made such a foolish decision to hurt her. I know, no matter what sins she has committed, she doesn't deserve to be treated like this. I am sorry, babe."

A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked away, unable to forgive myself for what I have done.

I was too blinded by my mate suffering so much in the span of six months which made me hate that seer so much. Because of her, she made my mate live a life worse than death.

Even until today, things just doesn't seem to be getting better.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She demanded, standing in front of me in seconds. Hurt was visible in her eyes. "Why did you hide this from me, Nathan? Do I really mean nothing to you that you don't trust me to tell me about that woman?"

"No, babe. It's not that, I trust you a lot, I really do. It's just that I would rather you be kept in the dark than to know the truth and get hurt again." She looked astonished after what I have said, folding her arms angrily in response.

"Mate or not, it's not up to you to decide what's best for me." Shaking her head in disappointment, she began to walk away. The only sound I could hear were her footsteps fading away.

I felt my knees weaken, collapsing onto the pile of snow as tears streamed down my cheeks. From the way she sounded, she's not going to forgive me anytime soon. She even got pissed off with me.

I have messed up this time.

xxxx

For days, she ignored me, giving me the silent treatment for what I have done. Knowing its my fault, I silently endured, hoping she will forgive me soon.

I know what she needs the most now is some space.

However, the fact that she has been cooping herself up in her room is making me grow worried. Deciding to bring her out and make up for what I have done, I knocked on the door.

A few minutes later, she opened the door, donning a tank top and a pair of shorts. Even when she looked like she just got out of bed, she still look so hot and amazing.

"What do you want?" She asked, raising her brow curiously. "Here to bring you out, get changed. I will meet you in fifteen." I turned around and walked off, a groan escaping from her lips.

A smile crept up to my lips as I chuckled, excited at the idea of letting her meet him. I know he would be so excited to see her and I really look forward to patch up with her.

I miss wrapping her in my arms and kissing her. Damn, I miss all of that.