Chapter 1: The Blood Pack

You know that feeling when you want to punch someone in the face?

Because that's the feeling I have as I look up at the stupid alpha that's caught me sneaking an extra ration for my son, Oliver. God forbid the omegas who toiled long hours to prepare the food actually get to eat it. We'd already been pushed to the back of the line by the alphas and when we finally got to the front there was barely anything left, the plates picked clean.

But Oliver is 8 years old, he's a growing alpha. He needs to eat. I don't care if I don't. He needs all the nutrition he can get. But apparently that's a problem to this dickhead alpha that's gripping my wrist so hard that I'll bruise, demanding I take the food out of my pocket.

"Get off me.!" I snap back, trying my best to pull back from his strong hold, and he growls.

"Don't talk back, omega. I saw you,"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I deny, and  I swear I can see the veins in his temples close to popping.

Then he yanks me towards him. I yelp in surprise, stumbling and dropping my and Oliver's plates. I curse, glaring up at the alpha. "What am I going to feed him now?!"

"What you got in your pocket should be enough," he leers, licking his lips as he gets a closer look at me and his eyes trail down my figure. "If you don't want me to report this to Alpha Zacan, how about we settle this somewhere more private,"

I can smell his putrid breath and it nearly makes me gag. I lean away in disgust, worriedly glancing at Oliver who watches on with wide, fearful eyes. I don't want this to escalate in front of him.

"Please, sir," I try the polite route through gritted teeth, but the man doesn't let go.

"You either come obediently or I drag you. Do you want to make a scene in front of your boy?" he sneers before groping my ass with his other hand.

Mortified, I attempt to push him away again, more forcefully, which earns me a sharp glare of annoyance. He tightens his grip and I wince as he twists my wrist to an unnatural angle. I've had worse, but it hurts like hell and I have to bite the inside of my cheek in order not to cry out.

"Stop hurting my mama!" Oliver suddenly shouts, drawing attention from onlookers. Before I can register what's happening, he pulls out a heavy-looking rock from his pants and hurls into the alpha's face.

There's a loud crunch, blood spouting from the man's face. "Fuck!" he shouts, letting go of me to clutch his probably broken nose in pain.

"What the fuck is wrong with your brat?" another alpha approaches, giving a look that could kill to Oliver and I. I hold him protectively, heart beating a million miles a minute. This can't be good. We're in big trouble.

*

"Koa. It has come to my attention that your son has injured one of my men?" Zacan asks in that cold, emotionless voice of his.

He's sitting in his grand carved oak chair, alpha guards on each side of him as if he were a king. Well, he's the Alpha of our pack, the Blood Pack, so it makes sense he feels that way. Everyone treats him like a god out of fear of what he'll do to them if they step out of line.

I'm shaking, barely able to look up. I haven't had to face him like this since that time, what feels like so long ago. I hate how scared I am, and I hate him even more. I hate him so much for what he did to me.

"It was an accident," I try to keep my voice from wavering.

"Throwing a rock in Griffin's face was an accident? I don't think so,"