Chapter 20: My Alpha

"Shut the fuck up!" Rex shouts, clamping his huge hand over my face.

I bite into his palm on instinct, nearly gagging at the metallic taste that bursts on my tongue. He hisses in pain, retracting his hand and instead choosing to pin my wrists above my head.

It doesn't deter me. "CYRUS!" I scream again murderously, praying to the Moon Goddess that he'll find me. He has to. I can't be raped again. I cannot go through that violation of my body that has wounded and degraded my soul to the most severe degree. Please, Cyrus. Please!

Rex's torso is holding my legs apart and as much as I try to close them, I can't. I start to hyperventilate when I look down and see his disgusting manhood closing in.

"NO!" I scream, kicking my legs out. "NO! CYRUS!"

Tears are blurring my vision, so much that I can barely see what he's doing and that scares me even more.

I feel him against the flesh of my ass, and I cry out in defeat. He's going to do it. He's going to violate me and I'm going to have to take it because I'm an omega and he's an alpha. My wolf yowls, hurt in his tone as he retreats to the back of our mind, too traumatized by previous experiences to face this. I don't blame him.

In one last desperate attempt, I scream for my mate a final time.

I hear it before I see it. A loud crash, the sound of splintering wood and the deafening roar of an alpha.

My alpha.

Rex is ripped off me in seconds and thrown to the opposite side of the shed, so hard the wood splinters on impact. He moans in pain, sliding down the wall and leaving a dark red smear in his wake.

I scramble into a ball, wrapping my arms around myself as I take in the sight of Cyrus, body and muscles taut with fury as he makes his way toward the man on the ground, eyes glowing with primal instinct.

"Look away, my moon," he orders me in a gentle tone, despite the rage radiating off him. So I do.

I turn to the wall, my breath catching as I hear the slash of a knife and gurgle of blood as my mate kills Rex.

When he's done, he comes to me, my attacker's blood spattered across his face. He growls, jaw clenching as he takes in my naked state. I do my best to cover myself, embarrassed.

He kneels down before me, brow creased in devastation as he reaches for me. On instinct, I flinch away in fear. It's not because it's him. It's because he's an alpha. And I can't control my omega that cowers back at his presence. Immediate guilt strikes me at the sadness that flashes across his face at my reaction. He retracts his arm, instead pulling off his jacket and wrapping the huge thing around me while avoiding direct contact with my skin. Moon goddess, can the guy get any sweeter?

My lip trembles as I look up at him. "Y-you came for me,"

His eyes run across my features, as if taking in the damage. "I will always come for you,"

His words hit me hard, and I shy away from his intense gaze. There's no doubt I look like shit, all bruised and bloody.

"I-I was going to tell you who they were. I-I never meant for it to go this far," I choke out apologetically.