Part 11

Elysium - Schnee empire - Atlas 

Jaune and Cardin shivered in their seats, even stacked with coats that stunk the surrounding area with a Sewer scent. It barely held up against the freezing Atlas air. Jaune and Cardin, red with embarrassment as a zone surrounded them. Everyone looked at them with disgust.

The airship rocked as it battled with the Altesian tundra. 'This will all be over, just a little bit more,' Jaune thought, only sheer willpower separating him and puking his guts out and the gap was getting closer. He couldn't risk himself getting even more embarrassment. Cardin, however, didn't care, living as a hobo makes you used to disparaging stares from the public.

"Come on Jaune, here's our stop," Cardin says as he grabs Jaune by the forearm, dragging him along as the public diverged just by their smell alone. Jaune looked concerned as Cardin brought him towards the exit. They shuffle outside the cramped economy train they took to the uptown.

Jaune shielded his eyes as he looked out onto the city. Glass skyscrapers shone light to his eyes as the sun reflecting of them. resembling icicles hanging from an ice cave as it's height scraped against the sky. If Mistral stayed true to its historical culture, The Vale Principality taking its inspiration form the wonders of technology. Elysium was built by the nature around it, the cold white colours of the buildings being a mirror to the grand glaciers and ice mountains that surrounded the city.

That didn't mean Elysium didn't accept technology, a monorail whizzed above Jaune, left shivering as it whipped up a cold breeze attacking Jaune. He was barely holding on. But was invited with the sights of the bright buzz of neon lights that lined the main streets of Elysium.

Jaune was brought back into reality as he felt the tug of Cardin bring him through the hustle and bustle of the city. If there was one thing that was as cold as the weather, it would be the people. They made sure they weren't welcome as a ring of women looked down on the stragglers that somehow made it into uptown. In the overcrowded city they somehow cared to make the space between them a world apart. All Jaune and Cardin would do was to retreat into the back alleys to avoid any unwanted attention they were already bringing to themselves.

Between two dumpsters Jaune and Cardin hatched their plan. "The statue is located in the middle of a huge central park," Cardin explained, "And I don't know if you noticed, these bitches would dial the cops just for our existence, So we need to get out fast,".

Jaune nodded at that information. He sighed as he pondered at the thought of fighting the police. While in Mistral they were glorified primary school teachers, most of them running off with a couple lien in their pockets after a 'routine' stop. "In the Schnee Empire things were different, more likely you were sent off to the hospital if you looked at those motherfuckers the wrong way" Cardin spat.

"But it's a bit different know isn't it" Cardin looked at Jaune while brandishing his dual maces. Jaune sighed at his Cardin's toothy grin. "That's our last resort, We don't want the military coming on our ass do we?," Cardin's receded as his face contorted in concern. Unlike the other regions, the Schnee empire was hell bent on exerting their dominance over the Altesian continent for some weird reason. But whatever the reason, it meant a pain the ass military."If it does get to that let's take a look at our battlefield,"

Jaune and Cardin clambered ontop rooftop making there way to the park. Situated ontop of a building they zeroed in on their target, Central park was huge, an entire forest created after levelling off an entire mountain. Littered with trees and vegetation that weren't native to Atlas. Jean memorial park, a park given to celebrate...