Part 5

A/N: Jaune's devil fruit is now the glint-glint fruit or the Pika-Pika no mi, since most of my tests are finished, I'll be able to update more frequently than before. But with no further ado, let's get to the story!

Whitebeard looked in interest as Jaune pondered to himself, Jaune was just given a brief explanation of the two powers he would be gifted. All of a sudden, Jaune opened his eyes. "I'll take the devil fruit, whitebeard" he declared, waving his hand over the devil fruit, he grasped in his hand. suddenly, a bright yellow light overtook him, it blinded his eyes as a warm embrace covered his body. As he regained his sight an odd-looking patterned yellow fruit fell on his hands.

"Is this is? doesn't look devilish to me," Jaune critiqued, he shrugged off as he took a bite of it, not noticing whitebeard's full smile. as soon Jaune tasted he immediately tried to vomit it out, his fist pounding his chest as he tried to rid the disgusting taste from his mouth. All the while whitebeard was roaring in laughter.

As Jaune regained his composure, he took the bitten devil fruit and threw it across the room in a rage. Slinging out a string of curses as whitebeard. "You son of a bitch! You knew this would happen-" However Jaune's rant was quickly interrupted by a glave swing at his rear. A great menacing aura instantly affected his fight or flight instinct, his body in pain chose the latter.

'he's coming towards me with killing intent!' Jaune exclaimed fear gripped his mind as a giant man swang his even bigger blade, full intent on bisecting his body in two. Awaiting his oncoming death Jaune clenched his eye shut, he felt the glave go through his body and out. Surprisingly, as he opened his eyes he saw his fully intact body unharmed by the blade.

and the giant man who started this mess roaring with laughter. "Kid, you should've seen your face!" Whitebeard chuckled as he calmed down, "that is the power of your fruit, the Pika-Pika no mi or the Glint-Glint Fruit. It turns you into a being made out of light."

Jaune looked at his body with curiosity, he noticed a slight glow around the outlines of his body, "This is my power?" Jaune asked, thumped with disbelief.

"Yes Jaune, I want you to use it for a good and shit," Whitebeard grumbled, "but before you go, their things you need to know about what comes with this power, One, you lose the ability to swim and sink like a rock when in it as well as losing more than half your power. Secondly, your logia properties will be bypassed by the power of Armament Haki. Lastly, Remnant is a unique world as well as your soul and body, your body and soul must grow accustomed to this newfound power only when you are strong enough you can fully realise the capabilities of your fruit, the things that will be lost is your logia capabilities as well as your fruit's potential being cleaved in half."

Jaune nodded in understanding he noticed himself slowly fading away from the mindscape of him and whitebeard, the next thing he knew, Jaune was back in that same forest landscape along with a slowly awaking Cardin. Jaune picked Cardin up as both of them were hit with massive headaches, "Hey Jaune," Cardin said with his newly scarred face, deep scratches which seemed like he got them years ago were marked on his face, "what are we going to do now?" Cardin asked, his left hand clutching his head in pain.

"We train then we fight, we're going to turn the world upside down brother," Jaune exclaimed, looking ahead towards the sunset standing on the green grass of the Mistrali forests. Cardin looked up to Jaune in wonder and admiration, he didn't realise how much Jaune had grown until now. 'I made the right choice' Cardin thought before both of them dropped to the ground sleeping.

Arcadian Palace

Joan strutted across the grand halls of the Arcadian Palace, a palace that constructed by pillars of gold that held up the marble ceiling, paintings of previous arcs lined the walls of the Hall as Joan approached her Grandmother's room. her hand on the golden handle of the massive door that separated her and whatever 'surprise' that she wanted to talk about.