Part 3

A/N: Welcome to another part of RWBY: Jaune, Warrior of mankind. From last part's votes Mistral won so we will be starting this story off with mistral, anyways enjoy the read

Jaune woke up, gasping for air while coughing out copious amounts of saltwater out of his system. "Well, that was nice," Jaune whimpered to himself. He groaned in pain as he stood up in his bruised, cold shivering body. It didn't help that the cold night air hammered his body temperature. He rushed onto the beach sand, warming him up just by a little bit, he scanned the area for a suitable place to camp for the night, spotting a small indent amongst the hill he quickly set up a small camp.

Thanks to the waterproof (and extremely expensive) backpack he had travelled with. Most of his supplies were dry. He lit a fire and snuggled in his sleeping bag, drifting off to his dreams as he slept by the warm fire.

Arcadia

"I present to you, the new queen of Arcadia, Jade Arc!" Called the spokeswoman, the crowd erupted into cheers as the queen of Arcadia, Jade looked over from the balcony. Her blonde hair tied into a bun as a gold crown sat upon her head. The 32-year-old inherited the crown from her 75-year-old mother, Julia Arc, After a 'mistake' caused the previous heir June Arc lose her crown.

June riveted in anger as she sat across the TV. the mere sight of her younger sister's face annoyed her to no end. She had achieved higher than her for a mistake that was not her fault. Her scroll she had in her hand shattered as she crumpled her fist in anger. "If it not for Jack, all would have been fine!". Preparing for another fit of rage, a door opening silenced her.

"Mom, is everything alright?" came a concerned voice. Joan, the youngest of the arc family came in with a pained expression. She had grown exponentially from four years ago. The fourteen-year-old girl held promise to be one of the greatest huntresses of her generation. After her brother had gone missing, she drove herself to become the greatest for her brother. Not after thrashing all of her brother's bullies.

Joan had a large figure for her age with lean, noticeable muscles. She brandished the family sword, Crocea Mors on her hip with an added function of turning into a bow. "Don't worry hon, I'm just really stressed and all about this coronation," June spoke in a calm voice,

"Don't tell me you're jealous," Joan confronted, piquing an eyebrow at her mother.

"Jealous? Noooo.."

"Relax mom, I'm glad that you're not the queen and all that, gives us more time with you and the family." Joan walked in hugging her mother Giving her a rub on the back.

"Anyways it's nearly the time of year again. God, it's been four years since that time." Joan said, muffled under their embrace.

"I know you miss him, we all do. But let's not give up home kay'?" June reassured, looking at her daughter by the eye while she nodded in her tears.

"Come on, let's get an early start on dinner, we'll make Jaune's favourite"

Mistrali Forests

Jaune cut through the air, sending crescent blades of air pressure that easily dissected the remaining Beowulves. Acting quickly, he utilised soru allowing him to seemingly teleport behind the final Beowulf alpha among this pack and ended its life with a swift cut to the head.

Jaune sheathed Kizan and went back onto the road. He had been hiking well over a few hours following a road that leads to this beach in the along the mistrali coast. What he knew of Mistral was limited, it was similar to Vale a lot more attuned to the arts and music.

However, Mistral was infamous for the power and number of Mafia gangs populating the kingdom. Leading to a lot of corruption and gang wars between rival ones. However, it is controlled enough that it's dangerous to live in. Other than that, they had to surprise him.