Part 10

Author's Note:

Hey! Just wanna clear a few things up before you head into the chapter. The Location headings should go like this now:

City Name - Royal Family - Region

Regions are actually the normal country names in RWBY, this has a reason, might be explained in later chapters.

This AU of Remnant is ruled by monarchies that take their own land in a part of a continent.

Cities are, of course, the cities founded by the monarch families.

just wanted to update all of you,

Elysium - Schnee empire - Atlas

"How are we going to get out of this mess !?" Cardin yelled as bullets whizzed by him.

the morning snow did nothing to soak the sounds of gunfire in the streets of Elysium of the Schnee Empire. It crunched under the heavy boots both Jaune and Cardin were running with.

"Shit! Turn into this alley," Cardin barked, pulling Jaune away from the main streets as the air broke against the force of bullets. with quickly dwindling options as police nad huntresses were gaining on them.

They ran down a small tight alleyway, only for it to lead into a dead end. But this wasn't the end, Using a technique called Geppo, Jaune and Cardin stepped on the air shooting themselves up and away from the ground, planting themselves on the rooftop.

Cardin looked at his leader, Jaune's usual neat hair was dishevelled and messy clumps of snow clung to the edges of his dirtied Hoodie. They could finally take a breather,

But Cardin wasn't done yet.

"Holy shit! Are you sure that's Joan?"

"I-i, don't know anymore," Jaune panted out, his mind still trying to catch up all that's happened as they landed on Elysium.

"I knew she was strong, but not that strong," Cardin replied, A small silence drew between them neither of them wanting to come to the truth. All of a sudden, Cardin's voice steeled like the water freezing

in morning dew.

"Jaune, did you meet her? Does she know what you are trying to do here, Does she know you still exist?"

Jaune flinched from the sharp atmosphere Cardin produced. It choked him, blocked from his breath as the consequences of his impulsive actions began to seep into his mind.

Jaune's fist curled into a ball of fury and disappointment, his lost feelings being tightly held within himself. not wanting to know the truth of what he's done.

Jaune didn't want it to end this early,

He has something to do,

He did it for her.

So why couldn't h-

"Jaune, let me ask you again," Cardin spoke again, his voice like a sword to a whetstone, sharpening so the very breath of his voice cleaved through the skin.

"What did you do?"

Cardin was now in front of Jaune, his eyes fixated on Jaune trying his best to inflict his fear onto him. Jaune heaved a heavy sigh, mentally preparing himself, he needed to tell Cardin. this was a matter of life and death after all.

Schnee empire airship - A few hours before.

Both Joan and Pyrrha shivered in their seat, even with the overwhelming strength that their bountiful aura granted them and the heating the airship produced on their first-class suite, they were still at the mercy of the cold Solitas winds that wormed its way through the steel interior of the private ship.