Chapter 18 / A start

It was around 4AM in the morning when Yeonjun had awoken from his sleep that lasted only for a few hours. Staring at the ceiling while laying down on his bed with eyes wide open and his mind as empty as a bird's nest in December. After an hour of the uneasy tranquility of the room, he felt wearied and that was the moment he decided to get up and prepare himself for the road trip perhaps, he was too excited.

He stood up with bowed shoulders and eyes that had bags under but were as wide open as his window. He dragged himself to the closet when all of a sudden, he receives a notification, he sighed as a reaction then pursed his lips as he approached his phone that was placed on his bed side table while it emit a bright light amidst the dimness of the room.

He picked it up and was astonished to become aware that it was Wonnie. He hastily responded, but the light that the phone emitted amongst the darkness of the room was damaging his eyes, causing him to rub them after he put his phone down.

Wonnie :
Yeonjun Hyung, have a safe trip today <3 I messaged you early because our classes start on 6AM today :DD

Yeonjunnie :
Thank you and good luck on
your early classes today
Won, Fighting ! <3

Stepping outside his bathroom with a towel over his waist while he wipes his hair dry, he heads over to his closet and meticulously chooses something stylish yet casual when he finally settles on an outfit decision, it was an oversized white-color button down and a khaki-colored knitted vest over it with a simple black-colored Chino pants. He looked at the mirror, appeased with his decision and when he looked over to the clock placed on his bed side table, he quickly grabs his black backpack together with his sneakers and heads straight downstairs.

He enters the kitchen to see his mother preparing breakfast like usual but on this specific day, it had the golden rays of the sunshine highlighting the beauty of the inside and the woman standing by herself in the kitchen, with the evocative smell and the nostalgic aura, it put a smile on his face.

" Good morning Omma " He said in a sweet, alluring tone as he kissed his mother on the cheek

It wasn't unusual for her anymore after all, Yeonjun has been doing it for almost a year " Good morning Yeonjun " She responded in the same sweet tone.

" What's for breakfast ? " He said as he sat on one of the chairs located beside the counter table, with his usual happy face during the morning.

" Oh just the usual " Her mother then proceeds to place a grey-colored lunch box full of fried rice on the table for Yeonjun to eat

Yeonjun wasn't paying much attention to the lunch box since he was busy with his corgi, Yibeon " Hii Yibeon, are you hungry boy ? "

She smiled as she wiped her hands on her apron then proceeded to take it off and fold it to put on one of the drawers " He's a little early today, oh and Yeonjun I packed your breakfast since it's already 6AM so we'll have to go already "

" You and dad are done eating ? " He turned his head to the table once again and with his lips slightly pouting, eyes full of sparks of confusion and his head tilting, he asks a question

She pursed her lips then walked out of the scene although she was still heard talking " Yeah, like 30 minutes ago, we tried to call you but you didn't respond "