Chapter 1

Berk

(The waves of a dark and wild ocean hits an island. Berk. It is a gigantic shard of rock jutting straight out of the water)

Hiccup: This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.

(In front of the island are two giant Viking statues with fires burning in their mouths)

Hiccup: It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests.

(Something grabs a sheep and carries it away while, the other resumes grazing)

Hiccup: You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have...

(Hiccup opens a door as a dragon swoops directly towards it, blasting fire. Hiccup slams the door shut as the fire shoots through the slats of wood)

Hiccup: ...dragons.

(He reopens the sizzling door and leaps off of the front porch. He weaves through the erupting mayhem as vikings pour out of the buildings, ready to fight)

Hiccup: Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have, stubbornness issues. My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.

(Dragons sweepback and forth, dodging axes andblasting the Vikings who throwthem. A burly warrior gets tossedin an explosion, knocking Hiccup to the ground)

Viking: Arggghhhhh! Mornin'!

(Hiccup gets to his feet and continues to rush past gigantic men and women)

Viking 2: What are you doing out!?

Viking 3: Get inside!

Viking 4: Get back inside!

(Stoick, the biggest Viking of all yanks Hiccup from the path of a strafing dragon and holds aloft to the crowd)

Stoick: Hiccup!? What is he doing out again?! What are you doing out?! Get inside!

(The flames light up his scowling face and matted red beard. He sets Hiccup down and turns to the sky, searching)

Hiccup: That's Stoick the Vast. Chief ofthe tribe. They say that when he was a baby he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders. DoI believe it?

(Stoick grabs a wooden cart and hurls it, knocking the strafing dragon out of the sky)

Hiccup: Yes I do.

(An explosion forces Vikings to duck. Stoick stands firm, brushing flaming debris off of his shoulder as Y/n walks out of the explosion holding a sword)

Hiccup: That's my older brother, Y/n. The strongest viking of our generation and the future chief. And the one who usually looks after me.

(Y/n walks up to Stoick while brushing his clothes)

Y/n and Stoick: What have we got?

(Y/n and Stoick share amused looks)

Viking: Gronkles. Nadders. Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare.

(A Gronckle charges at Y/n who smacks it away with his bare hands)

Y/n: Any Night Furies?

Viking: None so far.