Chapter 6

Berk

(A massive armada is gathered offshore. Berk is lies completely deserted. Sign of a hasty departure everywhere. Grimmel sits at the base of the Stoick statue, munching an apple skewered from the tip of his dagger. A map is spread out at his feet. He ponders it, casually chewing. His Deathgrippers hiss and gather as the warlords approach, mounting the steps as they take in the abandoned village. Below, their soldiers spread out, searching the buildings)

Khan: So? Where are they?

(Grimmel holds up his hands, gesturing to the surroundings)

Grimmel: Gone, obviously.

Griselda: The Night Fury's escaped you? Again?

(Grimmel smiles. Takes another bite from the apple)

Grimmel: I encouraged it! They've abandoned their only defensible position.

Sky

(The flock of dragons continue flying toward the horizon)

Grimmel: "Running scared, with what little they can carry."

(Snotlout pulls up on the other side of them, stretched out on Hookfang like he's riding a Harley)

Snotlout: Ugh! It just keeps going.

Tuffnut: That's 'cause the world is actually round.

(Y/n and Hiccup sigh, exasperated. Astrid, Hilda and Valka giggle)

Tuffnut: The Sun's round. The Moon's round. Stars are round. Even though they're small and stupid.

(Ruffnut snickers)

Tuffnut: Right? Stars.

Berk

(Grimmel continues to pace, placating the restless warlords)

Grimmel: Don't fret. They won't get far. The Night Fury's are distracted. Iintroduced them to your females.

(He sticks his apple core on one of the Deathgripper's tusks)

Sky

(Suddenly, Raiden and Toothless' ear plates perk up)

Grimmel: "Furies mate for life, you see."

(They look around, curious, tilting their plates like antennas)

Hiccup: Whatcha picking up on?

(Raiden and Toothless barrel back, perplexed, looking to the clouds above, narrowing their eyes. Y/n, Hiccup and the Gang follow their stares. Above in the distance, two shapes pierce a cloud, pulling wispy trails in their wake. Gleaming, warbling, mirror-like forms dart between the rounded formations, reflecting the golden cloud scape. As they cruise through the sky, aniridescent white dragon materializes out of thin air along with the black Night Fury. Raiden and Toothless exclaim, excitedly)

Hilda: The Light Fury!

Astrid: And the Night Fury!

Valka: They are following us!

(The Light Fury and the Night Fury blast fireballs ahead of them and fly through them, pulling a comet trail of flame and smoke. When it dissipates, they are gone, having vanished anew. The crowd "OOHs" and "AWWs," slack-jawed faces grinning in amazement)

Gobber: Would you look at that?

Tuffnut: Where'd they go? Are they made of sky?

(Elated, Raiden and Toothless jackknife upward, giving chase and calling out to them)