Chapter 8

Dragon Mountain

(Valka rushes out to find, Drago's armada in the lagoon below and his forces of thousands now landed upon the beach. They launch catapults and ballistas into the icy spires, gaining entrance into the mountain's tunnels. Y/n, Hiccup, Stoick, and Gobber catch up to Valka)

Hiccup: Oh, no...

Y/n: How did they get here?

(Valka tries to hurry off, fuming. Stoick stops her)

Stoick: Val! It's all right, it's allright. We're a team now. Now what do you want to do?

(She glances from Y/n and Hiccup to Stoick)

Valka: We have to save the dragons.

Stoick: Aye. You got it!

(He throws an arms around Hiccup and Y/n)

Stoick: Come on, boys.

(Valka's dragons swoop down to engage the attackers, picking up soldiers and carrying them off while Drago stands in theline of fire, unflinching. The catapults continue to bring down the icy defenses of dragon mountain. Drago's men pour into the tunnels)

Drago: Whatever comes, keep hitting the mountain! We need to draw the alpha out.

(Drago's armored dragon army takes wing, clashing with Valka's dragons in the skies)

Drago: Ready the traps!

(Iron jaws are opened like bear traps, revealing screeching 'bait' dragons within. Valka's dragons swoop down to rescue them, only to be snapped up in the fearsome jaws. A second set of traps are cocked open, but instead of dragon cries, zippleback gas seeps out, followed by an explosion. The twins rocket out of the trap, riding Barf and Belch)

Tuffnut: Surprise! Yeah!

Drago: WHAT?!

(They're joined by Astrid, Hilda and the rest of the gang, bursting out of the traps atop Meatlug and Hookfang. Eret comes flying out last, wailing aboard Stormfly. He struggles to hold on, as she rejoins Astrid and Hilda. He gives them a sheepish shrug)

Hilda: You really are full of surprises.

(She leaps onto Tanis, steadying them)

Astrid: Let's go!

(They rocket across the sky...)

Tuffnut: Dragon Riders coming through!

(And dive-bomb the traps, setting them aflame. The yokes and leather bindings restraining the bait dragons are incinerated, freeing them to fly away, unharmed)

Drago: CUT THEM DOWN!

(Projectiles are launched, one of which knocks Ruffnut off her dragon. She plummets past Eret toward the rocky shore below)

Ruffnut: Eret, son of Eret!

(She suddenly grabbed by both arms before hitting the rocks. Ruffnut sees Snotlout on one side and Fishlegs on the other. soft and romanticized as her epiphany dawns. Above them, more catapults fire, bringing down massive spires of ice, directly over Astrid, Hilda and Eret)

Astrid: Up, girl!

Hilda: To the left, Eret! That'sit!

Astrid: Look out!

(It's about to crush them when it's blown to pieces by Toothless' and Raiden's fireballs. Y/n, Hiccup, Stoick, and Gobber come bursting through the flames on their dragons. Y/n and Raiden arc across the sky triumphantly and set their sights on a downed dragon surrounded by soldiers. Raiden blasts one of Drago's net launchers, knocking it onto its side. Stoick then chops the trigger line, firing the catapult and netting the throng of soldiers, freeing the dragon. Drago's archers target Stoick with their arrows)