Homecoming: Chapter

New Berk

Y/n: This is New Berk. At Snoggletog, the greatest time of the year. The lights, the hunting songs, the holiday shopping.

(Fishlegs is with Ruffnut out shopping. She is eyeing up an ax she likes)

Ruffnut: Ah hurr.

Y/n: The Yaknog shooters.

(Snotlout and Tuffnut are out drinking. They end up spitting it out but order more)

Tuffnut: Another round!

Snotlout: Make mine a double!

Y/n: Don't tell Astrid... But the only thing missing was... dragons.

(Two decorated sheep see a shadow fly over and panic, it turns out just to be a seagull)

Y/n: It's been ten years since Vikings and Dragons agreed to live apart. But that doesn't mean we've forgotten our flying friends.

(Inside the Haddock home they are decorating. Astrid is nailing a garland to the fireplace with a dagger and Y/n is telling a story to Nuffink, who is sitting cross-legged on the floor)

Y/n: ...and the best part of all of it, Nuffink, was on Snoggletog Eve...

Nuffink: Yeah?

Y/n: ...I would make Raiden his favorite meal.

Nuffink: What was it?

Y/n: Lake trout...

Nuffink: Yeah.

Y/n: ...with a side of sea trout.

Nuffink: Yeah.

Y/n: ...on a bed of brook trout.

Nuffink: We all like trout.

Y/n: Even though he's gone, I still make it for him. A lot of families do stuff like this. It keeps our loved ones in our hearts even though they are far away. So... want to help me catch some fish?

Nuffink: Good on you, we're going to feed Raiden. I don't need a fishing pole dad, I'll just butt the fish with me head.

(He runs into the fireplace with his head)

Nuffink: Ow! Ow! Ow, haha.

(He does it several times, while Astrid and Y/n look at each other)

Astrid: He got his father's hard head.

(Y/n chuckles and gives her a guick kiss and grabs a fishing pole)

Y/n: Come on Nuffink, let's get Raiden his snack.

(Nuffink laughs. Y/n walks towards the door with his fishing pole)

Y/n: "We were excited about making a traditional dragon feast. And then it hit me..."

(He opens the door and steps out. Seconds later a log swings and hits him and crashes him into the snow. Nuffink runs to the door to see what has happened. Astrid comes up behind him)

Y/n: Ahh!

(His fishing pole goes flying)

Y/n: "Not everyone was on board."

(He sits up in the snow as Zephyr comes running up)

Zephyr: Hah hah hah! Yes, it works!

(Astrid stands in the doorway as Nuffink now rides the swinging log. It nearly hits her and she stops it from swinging)

Astrid: Zephyr, what are you doing?