Chapter 1

Sea

(Y/n and Raiden blur past flying across the ocean right in front of the island of berk)

Berk

(The island village of Berk is festively adorned with flags and banners. Major new additions alter its familiar skyline)

Y/n: This... is Berk. The best kept secret this side of, well, anywhere. Granted, it may not look like much, but this wet heap of rock packs more than a few surprises.

(A cluster of sheep are hiding nervously between buildings as shadows of passing dragons race by. The group moves as one, receding into a shadowy alley, pushing one sheep out into the light. It's suddenly snatched and carried into the air)

Y/n: Life here is amazing, just not forthe faint of heart. See, where most folks enjoy hobbies like whittlingor needlepoint, we Berkians prefer a little something we like to call-

(A wash of vibrant colors blur by. Dragons barrel past at a dizzying speed. Their riders swipe, kick, and roll into one another while they weave neck in neck between the houses, docks, and revamped structures of Berk)

Y/n: DRAGON RACING!

(Spectators roar from wooden bleachers, fastened to cliff faces and perched over the sea. Fishlegs, now 20 and even larger, rides his gronkle, meatlug, who carries the sheep in her claws, until, Snotlout, also 20, but every bit as juvenile, and his Monstrous Nightmare, Hookfang, steal the sheep from them)

Snotlout: Oh, I'm sorry, Fishlegs! Did youwant that?

Fishlegs: Snotlout! That's mine!

(Snotlout falls back toward Ruffnut and Tuffnut, who lag on their two-headed Zippleback, Barf & Belch)

Snotlout: Here ya go, babe.

(With a chivalrous grin, Snotlout tosses the sheep to Ruffnut. She snatches it with a sneer and a grumble)

Snotlout: Did I tell you that you look amazing today? 'Cause you do.

Ruffnut: Come on, Barf. It's starting to stink around here.

(Barf starts to peel off, spewing gas. Tuffnut mocks Snotlout with a mugging grin)

Tuffnut: Nope. Still hates you. Let's blow this place, Belch!

(Belch ignites the gas, sparking a flashy explosion, and leaving Snotlout behind in the smoke. As they rush past the main bleachers, Ruffnut drops her sheep into one of five baskets suspended over a chasm at the lap crossing. Each backboard bears an image of its corresponding dragon. The Barf/Belch basket filled to the brim with sheep. Presiding over the game, Stoick turns to the frenzied crowd)

Stoick: That's nine for the Twins, Astrid lags with three, Hilda has two, Hiccup has two also, Fishlegs and Snotlout trail with NONE!

(Stoick eyes an empty basket at the far end, its backboard painted with an image of Raiden)

Stoick: And Y/n is... nowhere to befound. Hmmm.

Gobber: Made him feel insecure with the big talk, didn't ya, Stoick?

(Snotlout, still smoldering from the blast, get sclipped from behind. Astrid, Hiccup and Hilda roll in, riding Stormfly, Toothless and Tanis, Astrid is spirited and competitive as ever, and beautiful despite herself)

Astrid: What are you doing, Snotlout?! They're going to win now!

Snotlout: She's my princess! Whatever she wants, she gets.