Chapter 7

Taylor

Me and Joe walked to his car and when we got there he opened the door for me "Awh such a gentleman" I laugh getting into the car "Always" he says before shutting the door and making his way over to his side. I check my makeup in the side mirror then turn to him when he gets in "So whatcha got planned for us tonight?" I ask as he buckles up and then starts the car.

He looks at me "I was thinking mini golf and then get ice cream afterwards?" he asks and I nod loving the idea. I used to mini golf all the time back home but eventually stopped when I got my job I had there.

"I think the idea is amazing Joe" I say smiling as he starts to drive "Good oh here you can take aux" he says handing it to me and I take it and think "You like Taylor Swift?" I ask and he nods "Who doesn't??" he asks laughing making me smile putting her on and the first song is Style "Ohhh my favorite!" I say as he turns it up.

We start singing and I see his hand is like close to my side and I don't know if it's ok for me to hold it or not but when he opens his hand towards me, I guess he seen my contemplating it, I smile taking his hand in mine.

After a bit we finally pulled up to the mini golf place and as I was going to open my door he stopped me making me confused. I watch him get out and come and open my door for me making me smile as he helps me out "Thank you" I say as he closes the door and we walk into the mini golf place.

We ended up playing for about two hours because we were just having that much fun and now we're eating ice cream at a small little ice cream shop "So why did you audition for Cincinnati when you're from Philly?" he asks eating his ice cream "Well I wanted to get out of Philly for a while and just Pennsylvania in general but didn't want to go anywhere like New York or something so I decided to come here and plus Bengals is my second favorite football team so" I say and he nods "Damn not even your first favorite team?" he asks jokingly making me laugh "I'm from Philly what other team did you expect me to love?" I ask.

He just laughs and shakes his head "What about you? Why football?" I ask looking at him after finishing my ice cream "Well I grew up around football with my dad and brothers playing and I mean I played other sports like basketball and stuff but I knew that I wouldn't have made a career out of that so football was it for me" he says making me nod admiring how this is what he always wanted.

We both get up and throw out our trash and then get back into his car "I hope you had fun tonight" he says starting up his car "Are you kidding? I had the best time Joe" I say making him smile at me "I'm glad, believe it or not Ja'Marr gave me this idea" he says which actually shocks me "Ja'Marr? Really?? I didn't think he had this in him" I say making us laugh and he nods "I agree" he says driving.

Pulling up to my apartment he helps me out and then walks me to the apartment door. We stand in front "I had literally so much fun Joe" I say turning to him and he smiles "I'm glad we will definitely be doing this again" he says and I nod "Oh for sure" I say. Everything goes quiet between us two and you can tell we want to kiss each other. So I just lean in and go to kiss his cheek but he turns his face kissing my lips.

I can't help but smile into the kiss feeling his hands go to my hips. I move mine to the back of his neck where his curls are. After what feels like minutes we pull away to catch our breathes looking at each other and smiling. I bite my lip "I'll see you tomorrow" I say and he nods kissing my cheek "Goodnight Taylor" he says "Goodnight Joe" I say unlocking the door walking in and then waving to him shutting the door.

Once the door is shut and locked I literally do a little happy dance. Tonight was absolutely perfect! I sigh and walk in more "Abby! I'm home!" I call out setting my purse down taking off my shoes. I walk to the living room seeing Abby and Ja'Marr on the couch together. When I tell you I so wasn't expecting this "Woah what do we have here?" I ask making them look at me shocked "Um well..." Abby starts and I just chuckle "Don't worry, I don't mind plus I'm exhausted so you guys continue ok?" I ask and they nod going back to the movie they were watching.

I walk to my room and get out of my clothes taking my makeup off. While brushing my teeth I hear my phone go off making me look seeing Joe texted and I can't help but smile checking it.

Joey 🩷
Hey wanted to text you that I got home and that I had an amazing night tonight!

I can't help but let out a little school girl squeal feeling so happy. I lay in bed realizing I have to call Sophia so I do so. Almost immediately she picks up "Hello my beautiful bestie" she says making me laugh "Hi Soph, guess what?" I ask trying to hide my excitement "What??" she asks sounding confused "I went on a date tonight" I say. She literally screams after I say that making me pull my phone away from my ear because she's so loud.

I wait till she's done "With who? How was it??" she asks and I laugh "With Joe Burrow and it was amazing! He is truly amazing Soph!" I say making her get more excited "I knew this would happen! But Tay I am so happy for you! Especially after everything with you know who" She says making me realize I haven't been on a date in a year. Why? Well I will save that for another day. "I know this one feels so much different too" I say sighing.

We talk for a bit longer until I see the time "Alright I love you Soph but I need to go to bed" I say yawning "Ok! I love you too! I will plan a time to come to Cincinnati ok?" She suggests "Yes definitely! Night bestie!" I say "Night bestie!" she says hanging up.

I let sleep take me over dreaming about a certain Quarterback.

____________________________________
A/N: I have been in a writing mood today and have not stopped thinking about this story! So here's another update might get one more out as well!

But thank you all for the love on the story already! I can't believe we've already got over 100 people reading the story!

Love you all!