Chapter 17

Taylor

To be honest nothing crazy happened at the bar. Joe and Ja'Marr pulled me away from the fight. Anyways today was a super big game and we were all
nervous. Well more like I was super nervous everyone else seemed calm. Almost like too calm?

I was working on the routine with the girls as someone comes up to me "Taylor?" they ask making me look at her "Um we need you somethings up with Joe" They say. I literally look at them then the girls because we are about to go on. Kara nods "You'll be fine go" she says.

I nod and run with them and see him freaking out on people making me worried but I walk up to him anyways "Joey?" I ask. He turns quickly "What?" he snaps then realizes it's me. I'm a bit taken back but remain as calm as I can "Are you ok?" I ask. He just scoffs "Do I seem it Taylor?" he asks with a tone that's so rude.

I look at him shocked "Wow ok, I was told to come back here because they said you're freaking out making me LATE to go out on the field but if this is how you're gonna act then fuck you" I say. He just rolls his eyes "You're just a cheerleader you're not as important as the football players" he says. My jaw drops and I just nod and walk off.

He must have realized what he said because I hear a "Taylor wait.." but I just flip him off and walk out to where the cheerleaders are. If he wants to go play that way then fine so be it.

-During the game-

All throughout the game I've put on a fake smile when in reality Joe's words is just circling my brain. We were in the middle of doing a cheer when I hear gasps from around me and a scream in pain that sounds an awful lot like Joe's.

My face drops instantly and I am scared to turn around. But we eventually have to and I see Joe holding the knee he injured his first season. As mad as I am at him right now I can't help but feel worried. It feels like I am holding my breath waiting for something.

Once I notice he isn't getting up without being taken off the field I can't help but to tear up. Abby just have saw my face because she comes up and hugs me. I sniffle "I need to know if he's ok" I say. Kara looks at me "Come on Tay" she says and takes me with.

She rushes me off the field and to where they're taking Joe in the athletic training room. One of the athletic trainers, who I have grown super close with named Marissa, sees me and instantly gets me into the room. Once I am in I rush over to Joe "Joey" I say and he looks at me and all over his face is pure pain "It hurts so bad" he says.

I cant help but to shed a tear I help the trainers get his helmet off "Tay you keep him distracted while we work on his leg ok?" Maria's says. I nod and then look down at him. He sniffles "I'm so sorry Taylor you know I did not mean what I said" he says.

I cant help but chuckle slightly, only would he be thinking about this in a situation like this. I just wrap an arm around him and kiss his head "Don't even worry about that ok?" I say to him. He smiles slightly then groans in pain.

-After a bit-

I stayed and talked with Joe until they let him leave. Luckily he didn't reinjure his knee but he isn't allowed to play for about two weeks just to be safe. Once I get him home I instantly tell him to go shower and I will get stuff for him down here.

He starts to walk up the stairs then turns to me and hugs me "I am so sorry" he says. Honestly as mad as I should be at him for how he acted I can't be too mad so I hug him back "It's ok, you were stressed out I get it" I say. He kisses the top of my head "Ya know you could just come into the shower with me..." he says making me laugh a bit "No you nasty, go shower" I say making him groan and walk up to the shower.

I grab him some tylenol for the pain, a water, and some snacks so we can just chill and watch a movie. I get it all set up by the coach and then sit down looking through movies deciding on my favorite, Mamma Mia. If you're wondering yes I have made Joe watch that movie at least 20 times already with me.

After some time he comes down in just a pair of grey sweats which honestly looks hot as hell. He walks over and sits down so I hand him a tylenol and the water "Take this for the pain" I say. He nods and does so I then set up his leg so it's elevated "What movie are we watching?" he asks. I just give him a look "Mamma Mia?" he asks making me giggle and laugh.

He just smiles as I grab a blanket and walk over to him sitting down next to him carefully snuggling into him "You know how much I love you right?" he asks making me look up at him. I smile and nod "Of course I do, why you ask?" I ask him. He wraps an arm around me pulling me into him "I love that you came to make sure I was ok earlier knowing you would be late on the field and that you instantly came to make sure I was ok" he says.

I just shrug "No matter how mad I am at you, I will always want to make sure you're ok" I say. He smiles kissing my lips making me smile bigger "I know and I love that about you, now press play so we can have our debate on who's Sophie's dad in the end of the movie" he says making me laugh.

___
A/N: I'm ngl I had a TOUGH time trying to figure out a chapter for this story but I had this idea and had to make it come to life! I hope you guys love it tho!

Please vote and comment!