10

I paused for a moment. I exhaled and looked at him, meeting his eyes. "Yeah sure, since you actually seem sorry." His face lit up with joy and he went back next to me. We walked for a bit until Aonung pointed something out. "Is that Lo'ak?"
"Where?" I asked. "There" he pointed to the sea. "What are you pointing at?" I asked, coming closer to see where his finger points to. "Come." He said, running to the water to make clicking noises with his tongue to call the ilus. An ilu came swimming towards us and Aonung climbed on top of it. I watched and then asked "Where's mine?"
"Get on." He patted on the space left on the ilu. "Your joking right?" I asked. "You can't even ride an ilu properly yet. It's either this or you stay here." He explained. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Fine." I got on the back of the ilu and put my hands on Aonung's waist.

"Hold on properly." He said, looking back to me. "I am." I frowned. He rolled his eyes slightly and turned his head back. He grabbed my hands and brought it forwards to his stomach. "There." He said. His hands were cold and smooth which made me slightly shiver. "I'm ready." I told him. He nodded and told the ilu to go.

I could finally see Lo'ak and a tulkun after swimming for a while. Could that be the one Tsireya was talking about? "Lo-" I tried yelled out to him but Aonung quickly put his hand on my mouth to stop me. "Let's watch him first to see if he's really telling the truth." He took his hand off of my mouth, and signalled the ilu to go to big rock that was close to Lo'ak. Once we got to the rock, Aonung got off first and put his hand out for me to grab onto. I grabbed his arm and lifted myself up onto the side of the rock. Hopefully Lo'ak did not see us. He was talking to Payakan, so I don't think he could hear us.

"We look so stupid right now. This is creepy." I whispered, looking ahead of me. "I know. Just wait." Aonung whispered back. "Are we really using him as bait? What if Tsireya and Rotxo are right and Payakan does kill him?" I whispered a bit loudly, looking at Aonung. "It won't. Just trust me." He whispered, looking back at me. "Alright. You better be right though." I said as I looked back to see Lo'ak and Payakan gone. Where did they go?

"They're gone." I told Aonung. He looked away from me to look at what was infront of us, other than the huge rock that we were on, which was just the sea by the way. "They might have gone under the water." He said. We got back onto the ilu and went underwater to search for Lo'ak. We didnt swim for long until we saw where they were. We got off the ilu and swam infront of a big coral to watch and hide from Lo'ak - which sounds creepy.

I swam away from the coral to see where Lo'ak was going before I heard something swimming fast behind me. I felt Aonung's hands on my waist as he grabbed me and pushed us away from getting eaten by a huge creature. My heart started to pound. Aonung kept a hand on my waist to hold me so I could swim as fast as he could, as he lead us to the back of the rock that had a ledge, where we could hide. He kept me close to him as more of the same creatures swam past, blindly. One of his arm wrapped around my shoulders and upper arm and the other on my other shoulder. My tail had wrapped around his thigh. My tail would always do that whenever I would get scared. It would always wrap its self to something or to it's self. My heart started beating fast. We stayed like this for what seemed to be forever, even though the animals had already passed.

I pointed up to Aonung to show him that I needed air and he let go of my shoulders. I swam up as he followed me. "I think we might have lost Lo'ak from whatever that was. Do you know why they are?" I asked Aonung. "No, I have never seen anything like them before and I think we can still find them." He responded. "Follow me." He signalled before going back into the water. The ilu we used was gone so we swam towards where we saw Lo'ak last and luckily he was still there. I swam to him and he gave me the what are you doing here face. I gave him one back to show that I was asking him the same question.

Aonung swam to us and Lo'ak swam up for air. I followed and so did Aonung. "What are you guys doing here?" Lo'ak asked. "Following you, making sure that you were right about Payakan." I answered. "With him?" He raised an eyebrow. "He wanted to come." I said. "Since you want to know if I was right about Payakan, why don't you go meet him?" Lo'ak suggested. "If we die, it's your fault." I said. We swam towards Payakan and Lo'ak introduced him to us. We spent hours with Payakan until we obviously had to come back before anyone had noticed that we were gone for too long.