six: simon

For marcel-

"99 Things to Do: When You Have the Time"

I look around from my spot on a park bench. I pull out my earphones and pause my music, resting the bundle on my book. The book reads:

15: sit quietly for five minutes listening to the sounds around you.

I listen to the bustling of the city: quiet chatter as people walk past, their heels clicking against the pavement, transport moving, an angry honk of a car horn here and there.

What catches my eye is four boys laughing and cruising on the latest trend; the hovertrax [A/N: swegway!].

I decide whist also number fifteen in my book, I might as well do thirteen too:

13: Observe those around you; what do you think they are thinking feeling, wanting?

One speaks to a camera, I squint; they are youtubers.

Well the boy out of front of the other three is showing off, wanting attention from the girl to his left; frankly if it was me in be more impressed by him walking...

The boy laughs loudly at a comment made by the guy with dark hair and a beard to match. He does a spin and zooms past his friend; even more of a show off.

He's just makes me want to roll my eyes, showing up his friend who looks like he has trouble finding a girlfriend anyway. Bearded loony probably already has a girlfriend; thus why he's showing his friend that is trying to impress - but failing - up.

This makes, even though the boy is laughing, probably upset; it's as if showing his feelings would probably cause teasing from his friends... Sad..

The other two joke about, the taller one with his camera out full stretch of his arm in front of them both. Holy crap he's a looker and a half.

"WEEEEEE" Tall kid's friend

[A/N: i don't know how to explain Tobi without being racist!!!!?!?!? So I'm just going to tell you here that this is Tobi] shouts childishly and zooms off.

The tall boy speaks to his camera by himself, I can't help but stare.

He has the whole world in his hands. Probably could lure a girl in with a twitch of a smile. He doesn't know this though; the look in his eyes is too innocent. He's speaking what comes to mind. He's wanting a good video; to reach the expectations, probably high expectations, of his fan base.

I look down to book, I can still hear the boys muck about, only metres away.

I begin furiously flicking through the book; I have to do all of these things at some point. I find number 56.

56: Start a conversation with a total stranger.

I look up. Should I?

The idea is risky. Very much so. They could think I am a fan, or some stalker. I have to think fast but strategically.

What to do, what to do... I rattle my brain for ideas. Ideas that aren't too embarrassing and are legitimate.

The lightbulb clicks in my brain and I shoot up from my seat. I shove my phone in my pocket and my earphones, book and pen in my messenger bag before walking with some unknown boost of confidence.

"Excuse me" I touch the arm to the tall boy. He turns swiftly on his hovertrax; his expression a look of confusion, "Hi, um, would you have any idea where to Library is?"