fourteen: vik

For ayeeesara (hey friend, sorry for the long horrid wait, hope you're having a good day and enjoy this thing here..)

Cute Boy Across The Street

New people have moved across the road. Sara can't help but peek through the front window to try and see.

She kinda hopes there is some cute boy, like any single girl would, and sadly she can't see anything. A moving truck blocks any view and any hope of a boy.

Sara sighs and walks back onto the lounge room couch. She sinks into the couch and picks up the television remote. Might as well channel surf...

After around an hour of watching some day movie and slowly but surely dozing off, a knock on the door startles her.

She is a little scared, no one she knows uses the front door, most are comfortable to use the side door. The only people that tend to use the front door are religious speakers and people trying to sell them things.

She slowly wanders towards the hall before running and sliding on the slick wooden floors. With her arms out as she slides, she grabs a hold of door handle to steady herself. She manages to open the door at the same time, almost falling to the floor because of how slippery her socks are.

The sound of chuckling catches her off guard. Her concentration leaves her and she falls clumsily to her knees. "Shit" She cusses before looking up to the culprit embarrassingly, "I'm sorry" She instantly apologises.

A boy stands at the door, stifling a laugh behind a genuine grin, a beautiful grin at that. It almost is overwhelming for Sara. It's the cute boy she hoped for...

"It's okay" He replies, wearing his grin proudly, "I'm Vik. I moved in the house across the road with a few mates but we managed to forget about toilet paper" Vik rubs his neck and he avoids her gaze, though Sara can see the obvious embarrassment from the tint in his cheeks.

"Toilet paper?" She almost wants to laugh. The tables now turned. Vik nods with a smile. "Give me a moment" Sara nods before running and sliding down the hall once again.

Vik can't help but chuckle at Sara's childish actions but feel an instant fondness from the girl across the road. It doesn't take long for Sara to return fumbling six toilet rolls in her arms. Vik widens his eyes at the sight.

"Here, we bulk buy so we have plenty" She manages to dump the six rolls on the boy who fumbles about but skilfully manages hold the lot.

"That's very generous of you" Vik smiles, holding a tight grip on the toilet rolls.

"I'm a generous girl... at times" She shrugs as if the gesture is nothing; it's just six out of god knows how many toilet rolls stuffed away in the laundry.

"Well thank you..." His sentence drifts off to nothing, unable to finish because his lack of knowledge of a name.

"Sara" She finishes it for him, introducing herself in the process.

"Sara" He repeats. He nods, "Nice to meet you Sara".

"Yeah, you too" Her voice is quiet, her shyness getting the better of her.

"Well, I'll guess I'll see you around"

Sara just nods and that's how it's left. Vik walks after, down the stairs of the porch, along the footpath of her front lawn, out the gate and across the road towards the house that towers her own. It is huge. How a boy and his friends manage to afford that place is beyond her.

A/N: Hey friends, it's been a while but hey, a lot has been happening (which I've said in the author's notes in my fanfictions) so yeah, frankly I have to be prioritising things (e.g schooling > wattpad) and honestly I have less than three weeks left of term and then another three weeks of term four and then that's it for formal classes before my end of year exams; it's crazy really. After that school is done FOREVER... I have to go into the adult world (oh lord).

So yep, this is a one shot for Sara (who is a cool girl).

Hope y'all enjoyed (: (: