eight: simon

Plane Trips

Your boss is making you head all the way to Los Angeles in America for an expo; E3. To you the idea is a little stupid but it's a free trip to America, you'd be crazy to reject that. And it comes with first class, heck yeah.

You sink into your seat, a screen, flashing with movie choices, sits in front of you. You've never been in first class before, it's all quite luxurious to you. Your reaction different to many, who sit unfazed. It is normal for them to chill like kings, you however are jumping in your seat like a kid on an exciting field trip.

You glance around. Men and women sit in suits, superior to your attire of black jeans and a Nike sweatshirt. A group of boys sit up a little further from you, one facing your direction. The boy's lanky body sitting comfortably in track pants and a printed tee laughs loudly with his friends whist scrolling through his phone. A wave a jealously hits you. You want to be with friends yet there you are sitting alone heading to a expo that will be interesting but will lead to no gain; a fun waste of time.

You sigh and stare down at your phone. You decide to slip your headphones over your ears and listen to music hoping to possibly get some sleep. This trip is going to be long, might as well make the most of it.

***

Turns out you can't sleep. You've been playing flappy crush on and off for two hours. Around you people work on their laptops or do what you've been wanting to do, sleep. You feel restricted to your seat though you want to move about. You've beaten your flappy crush score three times, reaching to almost a score of five thousand and all you've been drinking is lemonade whist other drink alcohol because simply beer and wine is not your style; plus they don't have the cider you like.

A yawn escapes your lips and you stretch out your libs. You look around and find a boy, the lanky boy, staring at you. You look away, looking around you complete confused, more or less to try and avoid eye contact with him again. "Stop looking at me" you mumble to yourself, grabbing your phone and unlocking it. You hope to god flappy crush can distract you from the gross feeling of being watched. You don't care about how attractive he looks; staring is rude and awkward.

You glance up after about five quick games, unable to get a high score from your lack of focus on the game. Your eyes widen. The boy is gone. You stare down at your phone with your wide-eyes. 'Where the heck has he gone?' You wonder.

A body goes past and drops a piece paper on you. You furrow your eyebrows together and look up to find the boy is the person walking past, he glances over his shoulder at you before making it back to his seat.

You give him a funny/confused look before looking to the crumpled note. You unravel it. Messy writing has been scribbled over it.

Trust me, I'm not a creep - S

A number is underneath and you look back to the boy. He mouths an over exaggerated 'Call me' and winks jokingly. You can't help but chuckle.

You jot his number into your phone to save for later, for when your on the ground. For now it all its going to be is awkward glances and chuckles.

A/N: I'm writing on a bus, a bus I was nearly late for. Anyway there is a new story created; it's called Shadows and the first chapter is up for ya'll to read. Just go on my profile to check it out. The next one shot is going to be a Simon request that I've needed to do for a while (sorry)! I just wanted to write a quick cute one because I could. Hope you enjoyed (: