Chapter Two - The begining of something special?

(shout-out to my co-writer RiverfrostOfSkyClan she's ABSOLUTELY AMAZING at playing Yushiro-)

Yushiro stayed asleep for quite a long time. The minutes passed, which turned to hours, which turned to two days of him sleeping. Hayami, being the girl (coughrayofsunshinecough) she is, hardly left his side at all. After almost 3 days had passed, however, Yushiro finally began to wake up.

"Yushiro? Are you okay?" Hayami asked softly, reaching out a hand and hesitantly touching his arm as he stirred.

He lifts his head, seeming unfocused for a minute.

Hayami let go of her sword and held one hand on the back of his head in case he dropped it back, and kept her other hand on his shoulder.

"Shh, don't get up too fast... You might have hit your head when you fainted."

"What happened..?" he blinked a couple times, his vision spinning.

"That crazy Tamayo lady put some sort of anaesthetic into you... Without even asking or warning you! I don't like her very much." Hayami frowned. "But I'm glad you're okay... You are okay right?"

"Dizzy..." he murmured. "Otherwise fine...." There was some noises as Tamayo returned.

"Good. Just relax, I'll have a talk with Tamayo. Just rest." Hayami glared over at Tamayo and then walked over to her, expression softening but still looking worried. "He seems pretty messed up, how strong of a dose did you give him?"

"Strong enough to knock out an upper rank." she murmured quietly. Yushiro grit his teeth, trying to move to attack, but he seemed sluggish.

"You might have to lower the dose... He knocked out alright." Hayami scoffed. "Look at him! He can barely move! Poor thing..."

"He can't attack us then." she tries to reason. "He shouldn't be like this...he shouldn't even have to be a demon...but he's like this now because of me.."

"Hey. That's the past, you can't change that. The best thing you can do is gain his trust back, and the way you're going about it is... Well, it's absolutely horrible to say the least. Knocking him out and trapping him in a cage? He already doesn't trust you..." Hayami sighed. "You have to be gentle. You have to earn his trust by interacting with him and comforting him, not doing this... I mean, you said you're trying to change him to be good, right? Change doesn't happen instantly with some medication. It takes time, it takes care, and you have to work for it instead of just thinking it'll happen instantly. The way you're going about this is wrong, I don't mean to be rude, but it's true." She huffed, crossing her arms.

Tamayo sighed again. "I apologize....you may let him out when he is able to move again..." Tamayo said as Yushiro tried to sit up weakly.

"Easy there..." Hayami went over and helped him sit up by pressing gently on his head and back from behind, partially holding him up. "Slow down, you got a pretty big dose of medicine."

"Ugh...my head hurts...." he rubs his head.

"It makes sense... You did hit your head. Hopefully you heal soon though." Hayami said, smiling at him kindly.