Chapter Four: I swear I'm going to kill this girl.

((Author's note: GET READY FOR FLUFF-))

Hayami's condition visibly worsened as they came to the house. She became pale and started to say random, strange things, and was shivering. Tamayo looked over at them, and her jaw dropped.

"Wha- What happened to you two?!" She asked, eyes wide. Yushiro sighed.

"She picked a fight with the Hashira, and got hurt." He said, sounding bored and annoyed.

'Stupid girl, if you die i'm blaming you when Master berates me...' He thought, glaring at Tamayo as she took Hayami from him. She took her into a room, and fixed her up, patching up her wound and stitching her organs closed where they had been torn. None of her vital organs had been fatally wounded, and she was in no danger of dying.

After Tamayo was finished, Yushiro went in the room and leaned on the wall besides Hayami's bed, looking at her with his arms crossed.

'Idiot girl, she's gonna get herself killed if she isn't careful...' He thought. 'Although I do... Admire her... Slightly... For being able to handle a wound like that, and for being able to even go up against a hashira....' He watched as she stirred in her sleep, and couldn't help but smile a little. 'She might not be as immature as I thought... Wait what am I thinking?!' He snapped out of it and shook his head, sitting down besides her bed, his back against the wall.

'She isn't all that great, she's annoying and weak and i'm only using her for the moment.' He huffed. 'She's nothing more than just another toy, just another thing for me to use and throw away.' He looked at her, and glared, standing up and then walking away to go devour the Hashira's body while it was still fresh.

About a week or so later, Hayami woke up slowly, then jerked up into a sitting position, looking around wildly.

'Oh shoot- Where am I?! What happened!?' She thought. 'Last thing I remember- I was- holy crap am I dead?!?'

"Yushiro? Tamayo? Anyone?!" She called, panicking.

"Hmm..?" Yushiro came in the room, face expressionless. "Something wrong?"

Hayami looked at him, then looked away, wiping tears from her eyes. "No, nothing..." She said. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine.....I'm just glad you're fine..." He said, coming in and sitting at the edge of her bed.

"Aww. Were you worried about me?" Hayami teased, a smirk spreading across her face.

"Uhm...maybe I was..." Yushiro looked away, crossing his arms.

"Heh. Reaaaaally? For me? A mere human?" She giggled.

"Shut up." Yushiro gave her a look, and Hayami rolled her eyes, shaking her head.

"Okay, okay. I will. Where's Tamayo?" She asked.

"Oh...she went out to town a little bit ago.." Yushiro said, uncrossing his arms.

"So it's just us?"

"Yeah..."

"Ah... Is it still night? But it was almost sunrise when we... Oh gosh how long have I been out?!" Hayami's eyes went wide, and she put a hand on her head. "The last thing I remember is getting stabbed, and then you carrying me home, but everything's blurry after that...!"