Chapter 12

Kehlani pov

"Dey, say ahh," I instructed as we sat in the doctors office. We were trying to get the dna tests done and finished.
"I don't want to mommy," she said pouting. The nurse giggled as I shook my head.
"Bey?" I asked for help as she chuckled.
"Dey, let her swan your mouth please. We can go get sushi after," her eyes perked up at the sound of sushi and she opened wide. damn shame.
"And you are all done little lady. Alright moms, who are we swabbing today?" She asked as Bey raised her hand. She packaged Adeya's swab and moved on to do Bey. After swabbing her she gave us all the information and disclosures, and we were off to get lunch from Nobu.
"Mommy? Can we go swimming today?" Adeya asked as Keh shook her head.
"Sure pumpkin. Bey, whatchu getting?" I asked as I looked through the menu. No matter how many times I've been here I still have trouble picking between all the things on the menu.
"I don't know. Im deciding between the tempura shrimp or the lobster truffle," she said reading the menu. I took this time to study her face. He hair was pinned up and I could see each and everyone of her cute little beauty marks. I already knew the exact amount of them too; thirty-eight.
"Whatchu staring for weirdo," she teased, sticking her tongue out. I rolled my eyes, giggling. The waiter came over and we gave our orders, before she cleared the table of our menus.
"Wowwww. And to think I was about to kiss you," she perked up at that.
"Cmere mama," she leaned over and pecked my lips.
"Hey! What about me?" Adeya said making us laugh. We each kissed her Cheek as she smiled.
"That's better,"
"Bey, can we talk later about this whole arrangement," she nodded
"For sure love. My mom called and wants me to come see her, did y'all want to come?" I nodded happily.
"Ooh yes I miss mama Tina. She was just getting on me about bringing dey over too," she said as they brought out our food.
"Ooh this looks so good. Dey Dey, you need help baby?"'she shook her head, picking up the sushi rolls with her tiny fingers.
"Mommy, mama, I have a question," she asked after a moment of us enjoying our food.
"What's up princess?"
"Are you guys gonna get married?" I choked on my spit as Kehlani laughed.
"What made you ask that bookie?" She asked as I still was in shock.
"Because May's mommies are married. So is steven's mommy and daddy," she shrugged, eating another roll.
"Well, mommy and I aren't dating right now, but maybe soon," I finally spoke up as she nodded.
"Oh okay," and with that she ended the conversation.
"Soon huh?" Nam said as I laughed.
"Yeah soon Nam, you already know we locked in forever girllll," I said making her blush.
"Yeah yeah, eat so we can go see mama," she teased, elbowing me.

•••••••••••••••
Kehlani pov

"Dey say cheese!" I cooed as I snapped a picture of her in her car seat.

"You are so so gorgeous my love," I said as she smiled and blew me a kiss

"Thanks mommy, your so beautiful too," I smiled. I literally could not have asked for a better daughter. My little girl is so so perfect. We pulled into mama Tina's driveway and before we could even park, she was coming out the house.
"Oh Lani, is that you baby? How are you," she cooed as we started to get out the car.
"Hey mama, I'm good how are you doing?" I said, but she was too busy heading to Beyonce who was now holding Adeya.
"And how are you doing miss. Nomi?"
"Hi grandma! I missed you," she said hopping from Bey's arms to hers. They were so enamored with each other, they walked into the home forgetting about us. We slowly but surely got into the house, with Beyoncé all on my ass.
"Back up some babe," I said as she smacked her lips.
"Whyyyy?"
"Uh un. Big ass baby. stop whining," i teased aa we made it to the living room. She rolled her eyes, still all on me.
"Mama what you in here cooking?" I asked as we entered the kitchen.
"I got some smothered chicken, greenbeans, potatoes, and corn bread in the oven. Y'all have a seat it should be done shortly," we obeyed and sat down and the kitchen table, when the front door opened again.
"Mama!" I heard none other than my Bestfriend yell out.
"Kitchen Piaget," she responded and soon Solange walked in and her face immediately brightened up when she saw me.
"Hey babe, what y'all doing here," she said as we hugged.
"Hey Bey,"
"Hey stink. We came over for dinner just like you duh," I said making her roll her eyes.
"Uh un you know exactly what I mean. Imma let you slide though,"
"Alright since I have all my baby's here, except for Kelendria, I have some news for y'all," mama Tina said as she sat down with adeya on her lap.
"Richard and I are going to be moving soon. We just put in our offer for a house in Katy, so we won't be too far from you Bumble," she said making Beyoncé smile hard.
"That's great mama, I'm happy for you!" Solange smacked her lips.
"Why y'all can't stay here with me," she said in a joking manner. No doubt Solange actually meant what she said though. As the baby of the family, she was always used to having her parents around, this was for sure gonna be new for her.
"That's what I was getting to baby. I was going to say I wanted to but you a house or an apartment there as well. You're always back and forth, I think it be good for you to have your own spot there," Solange was now the one smiling.
"What about me? I want an apartment," adeya said making us laugh.
"Talk to me in about sixteen more years babygirl," bey said making her nod and smile. Poor baby don't even understand the concept of time yet. With that being said we all sat around and ate and caught each other up on life. Maybe twenty minutes later, we were grabbing our things to leave so we could get Adeya ready for school tomorrow.
"Mama, can you help me," she said to Beyoncé. I paid no mind to it since I didn't think anyone would notice but they both caught it immediately.
"Uh un. Don't y'all run outta here too fast. What's going on here?" Mama Tina said making us both laugh.
"What you mean mama?" I said innocently and she shook her head.
"You got something to tell me Giselle?" Beyoncé shook her head.
"No ma'am," I smack the back of her head.
"Read the room Beyoncé," I said and her slow ass still wasn't catching on.
"Bey. Tell your mom what we did today," and that's when it hit her.
"Ohhh. Listen it's a longggg funny story right?" She said nervously chuckling. Mama Tina cut her eyes and her, gesturing for her to go on.
"So basically long story short, whenever Keh went to do her ivf for adeya I donated my...ya know," she was cut off by mama throwing a napkin at her for laughing.
"Okay okay I'm sorry. Haha. But yeah basically there's a chance I may be Adeya's biological parent as well. We did the dna test today," she said making her nod.
"You don't need that test. That little girl is you through and through Kehlani, but she acts just like Beyoncé as a kid," she said making me smile.
"Yeah I know. Just for peace of mind and Legal purposes though," she nodded.
"Well I guess that answers my question. Will I see you both at my gala next month?"
"Yes ma'am,"
"Yeah we'll be there mama," she smiled and hugged us all.
"Alright I'll see y'all than. Drive safe," with that we pulled off going home.
"Oh wait baby, can we make a quick stop. I just want to stop by auntie's to grab some mail," I told her and she nodded heading that way. Once we were there I didn't bother knocking since it was late. I walked to her mail box and used my key to open it.
"Hey! What are you doing?" I heard some girl yell at me.
"I'm checking my mail. How can I help you?" I said without turning around. I had no reason to be scared cause just like I assumed, Beyoncé was watching and already got out the car.
"How can we help you?" She rasped as she stood against the car door. I got a good look at the girl and she looked super familiar.
"Do I know you from somewhere?" I asked but the girl seems at a lost for words.
"Oh my god it's you. It really is. I need your help please," she said. I was confused on how I was supposed to help her. Maybe she recognized me from the internet or something.
"How?" I said and she sighed and her eyes began to water.
"I need help finding my mom and my sister. The foster care lady said I had an older sister a few years ago but I never met her I just saw baby pictures. You look just like the girl. Maybe we're cousins or something. My mom's name is Rosalee Parrish, she went by Rose," she said making my heart clench. There's no way I had another sister and didn't know.
"How old are you?" I asked and she sighed.
"I'm seventeen. My name is Makayla Parrish by the way," she spoke. I nodded and walked over to her.
"Makayla where do you live? Could I take you home while we talk?" I asked. There was no easy way for me to tell her what I was about to.
"Oh it's okay. I'm not far from home,"
"Honey, there's a chance in your sister and if I am there's something I need to tell you that is not easy to deal with. Trust me I've dealt with it for five years now and it's still not any easier,"
"What are you talking about?" She said niw confused. I looked up and at Beyonce.
"Baby you can get in the car I'm fine. She nodded and did that as I lead the girl to auntie's porch swing. We both sat and I sighed slowly rocking it. I feel so bad that I was about to break this poor girls heart.

Excuse all errors
A'jah 🫶🏽