Chapter 9 Short Chapter

Exactly One Year LaterAshley's 21st BirthdayMay 2014

For my twenty first birthday, we decided to take the whole family to new york! Marie and May now live with us. Her and Marshall are still trying to work things out, but everything is now out in the open unlike before.

So Marshall knows openly that we do not like him. Because of his attitude and we're all working on better relationships with the people we care about.

Marie and I have both been beyond excited to come here today. We'll also be seeing our favorite musician in concert while we are here. Though Marshall swears we'll wind up with restraining orders due to our obsession with him.

As we walk around time square with our parents, we both have stars in our eyes. May walking between us. The parents we have with us is my mom, who Marie claims. My dad, and Maries dad.

New york has always been a huge dream of both of ours. Especially since New York City is what dreams are made of. Personally, I'm super excited to visit One Direction World. They've always been one of my aptmost favorite bands.

We also want to take May to see Paw Patrol live while we're here. My father is going to a fishing expo while we're here. My mom is going to check out any bling like store while we're here. Finally, Maries father wants to check out the local junk yards for car parts while we're here for his car.

Marshall stayed behind as this is a family trip. Yes he's a part of Maries extended family but he knows how most of the family feels about him. Respecting that, he stayed back.

Once at the hotel, I sit down with pen and paper.

Dear Mom,

I'm so sorry but I think I've made a decision. I want to stay in new york. I'll be coming back for a short period. Then.... I will be moving permanently to new york and chasing my education at a community college near the city.

I'm so so sorry mom. This is just what I need to do.

Kisses

-

AShley