Chapter 33: Spencer

Do you ever get that feeling where you're not sure you know what you're feeling? It's like your numb and blank, but you just know something bad is going to happen. That's how I feel, staring down Maria and Lucifer. The wind suddenly picking up, and the smell of rain in the air. The dark clouds that gathered didn't seem to make any difference in the already night sky.

I was never positive on the thought that I was an Elemental Angel. It just seemed kind of impossible. I mean. I'm not anything important, I'm not popular, or even famous. So why would I have such power?

At least, that's what I've thought. Up until now. Now I felt like I had control, and that I was connected to the earth and it's nature. A tingle shot through my arms as me and Maria stared down each other, waiting to see who would strike first.

The wolves took the open opportunity and sprung forward, officially starting the attack. If you even want to call it that. It felt more like some petty bitch fight as I just about danced around Lucifer's swings. The wolves ripping the heads off the newborns with ease, seeing as they had no idea how to deal with them properly.

Jasper had Maria in a headlock, and they were going at each other with almost equal force. Maria moved almost sloppily. She may have been the leader, and trained most of her army, but she would never be as good as Jasper.

"Do you honestly think killing us will stop what I've done with your precious Angel quarters?" Lucifer's taunt bring my eyes back to his.

"I destroyed your headquarters, my demons should be filling up that place any day now. Many of them are working to crack that damn protective field you stupid birds have placed," he sneers, watching me with an arrogant look.

I growl lowly but don't move to make any attack. That's exactly what he's wants me to do, attack him. He's trying to piss me off to the point where I won't think, and throw myself at him.

"That'll never happen," I tell him lowly. Frustration flashes through his features.

"Why do think that you'll fix everything? That'll you'll save the world! Why do you think there's still hope?! I will end you," Lucifer growls and glares at me.

I stare at him with a blank look, "I'm not trying to save the world, I'm not trying to fix everyting, and I have no more hope. I just go with it, and try to do the best that I can to make things better."

He goes to open his mouth but I cut him off.

"You can't hurt me. You'll never end me," I end with a sneer. "I'll end you."

Finally attacking, I lung forward and land a hard punch into Lucifer's face. His head snaps back and he stumbles. His hands immediately fly to his nose and I take the opportunity to pursue in my attack. I go at it for a while before Lucifer gets the chance to swipe his leg out and trip me.

Landing in a push-up position, I push against the ground and flip onto Lucifer. We end up rolling on the ground, throwing punches, when a female voice screeches, "STOP!"

Suddenly remembering the blade at my shin, I flip it out and grab Lucifer, pressing the blade against his throat. Everyone stops and stares at the female who screeched. Pressing the blade harder, and holding Lucifer tighter, I stare at Maria holding Spence in a position to rip his head off.

"What the fuck do you want Maria?" I hiss at her. Lucifer struggles against me, and the blade finally draws blood. Lightening cracks in the distance and the wind picks up as thunder bellows.

"I want you to join us! With your power, we could rule the world! We would be so powerful!" Maria cackles with glee.

Everyone stares at her, I, in shock. What the heck was in the blood of the human she drank? This had to be one of the most cliché moments I've had in my life.

Staring her in the eye, I respond, "You want me to join you? Are you insane? Why would I ever do a stupid thing like that?!"

She stares at me for a moment, before sighing and shaking her head in disappointment. Blood was now starting to come out faster from the slit in Lucifer's throat and many vampires were getting antsy. Maria watches the blood for a moment with narrow eyes before looking at me.

"Well, I just hate to do this. But I guess we're doing this the hard way."

She looked at Lucifer as he shifted and seem to suddenly focus on something. The tingle went down my arms again as I could feel the fire building up. A warning that something bad was about to happen.

Then, that feeling that I had gotten a day or so ago came back. That feeling of taking control and wanting power came over me. My hands warmed and Lucifer hissed in pain, his focus wavering slightly, making me feel sick. The sickness went away as Lucifer gained focus once more.

Maria smirked and cackled loudly. No one moved, not sure what to do. Maria suddenly twitched her hands and a loud snap was heard. Spencer's head rolled to the side and he feel limp to the ground. Krista screamed and many started in horror.

I didn't feel a thing.

Jasper lunged at Maria, but I stopped him with my shield. I was in power, I was in control. This world would be mine.

"You can kill him now, I don't need him," Maria snips in Lucifer's direction.

I spin and head in his direction. He sat on the ground, completely focused on something. Blood still spilled from his cut, but it wasn't to deep so it had slowed. Standing behind him, I grinned in glee and grabbed his head with my hands. Roughly, I turned his head like a wheel and it snapped just as Maria screamed out, "WAIT!" The look on her face screamed horror as she seemed to remember something.

But I was already falling to the ground as Jasper was finally able to lung at Maria. All hell broke lose as my head slammed into the ground.

I was gonna have a damn major migraine whenever/if I woke up.