Chapter 35: Hope

3 years later

The lemonade vodka shot went flying down the the counter and was caught by Rebecca before it hit the ground and shattered. She waved at me in thanks before I turned and a grabbed some beers for a couple of tables. The lights flashed and danced brightly around the club as humans danced on the lit up dance floor. Damien, the DJ, stood up at his own little stage in the corner, spinning the music and keeping the beat.

Quickly distributing the drinks and taking any food orders, I held the tray to my side and made my way over to Damien. He glances up as I stand in front of him and smiles, flipping the chunk of green hair out of his face.

"What's shakin Ella?" he asks with a grin, adjusting his red Beats.

Damien's sky blue eyes gleamed under the flashing lights. Damien was an Angel like me. I ended up being his Guide when I arrived here in England, ten days before his eighteen birthday. He was only a foot taller than me with brown and green hair.

I started working at The Rainbow Venues after Damien turned eighteen. As time went on, he decided to work here also, as a DJ. The kid was actually pretty awesome with his mixtapes, and could play just about any instrument.

Smiling I respond, "eh, I'm ok. Thank god I've only got another hour." Glancing at the clock we both nod.

"I'll drive you to the airport," he calls over the music.

Nodding, I quickly head back to the counter to do more orders.

When my shift was over, I would be leaving for good. I decided it was about time to go back to Forks. Damien didn't need me anymore, being twenty now, he knew just about everything there needed about the Angel word. And I would contact him if HQ and the layers came in order.

In time my shift came and went by quickly, and before I knew it, I was in Damien's Ford Escape heading to the airport. I had bought a one way ticket from England to Forks; an eight to nine hour flight. No one knew I was coming, and no one would know. I had almost never been more thankful to have my shields. This way, even Alice wouldn't know.

"Now boarding flight gate 4B; Port Angeles, Washington."

I stood as the announcement blared through the airport. Giving Damien one last hug, I warned him that he better call. Laughing, he shooed me to my flight, warning me I would miss it. Rolling my eyes, gate 4B quickly came into sight. It took five minutes before I was finally seated in my seat in first class. Thankfully, I was all alone.

An hour later, I popped my ear buds in and decided to try and sleep the rest of the flight. It was already dark and most people were already asleep.

I took one last look outside before shutting my eyes and leaning back. The music still playing in my ears.

**

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your setbelts as we make our descent into Port Angeles, Washington. We hope you had a wonderful trip, here, on American Airlines."

Jerking awake as one of the stewardess shook me, I quickly fastened my seat belt. Shoving my ear buds back into my pocket, I held my phone in my left hand and got ready to grab my shit and bail. My neck was slightly sore, and all I wanted to do was lay down and rest at Charlie's.

From what I had heard from Angels walking around here and there, was that Jade had taken over most of the rebuilding of HQ. Even Charlie apparently chipped in.

I was surprised at this. Figuring Lydia and Landon would take over. But I wasn't about to question the Angels; in fear that they would give me away. I had worked hard to stay under everyone's radar. Surly everyone had heard of me, and what I had done at this point.

Quickly I hailed a taxi, telling them to take me all the way out to Forks. It was going to cost a pretty penny, but luckily I've saved up tons of money.

An hour later and a hundred and fifty dollars broker, I stood with a backpack and one suitcase. In front of me stood my old home. Nothing had changed. Still had the same peeling white paint, grass close to being overgrown, and we can't forget the dark and gloomy weather. It seemed today wouldn't be one of those rare sunny days. Awesome.

Surprisingly, no one met up with me before I entered, so I let myself in. I could hear the TV playing the baseball game, and voices and laughter in the living room. With a frown I drop my stuff at the edge of the stairs before making way towards the voices.

Everyone froze when I entered and stared at me. Qiving me the moment to see only Charlie, Landon, Jade, and Lydia in the living room. Lydia had seemed engrossed in her phone, trying to ignore a fighting Jade and Landon. Charlie had been focused on the TV; of course.

As Jade flew up to give me a hug, followed by everyone else, I saw a flash of diamond on her finger. A grin made its way to my face and I quickly hugged everyone before turning to her. Wiggling my eyebrows I ask, "who's the lucky man?"

If Jade could be blushing, she'd look like a tomato. Linking hands with Landon, my grin widens and I squeal. Crushing Landon in a hug, I congratulate them both and quickly get caught up with what's been happening.

Apparently not too much had happened while I was gone. The vampires and wolves seemed to suddenly be getting along, and the rebuilding of HQ was slow in progression. In which Jade informed me I would now be in charge, seeing as I was back.

I skimmed over things and gave short detail on where I've been and what I've done. Not leaving out Damien and the fact I had been to England. Something on which they commented on my slight accent.

Deciding it was time, everyone gave me hugs as I made my way out the door. With promises to come back later, I borrowed Jade's Porsche and hightailed it to the Cullen mansion. The familiar twists and turns permanently burned into my memory.

I became nervous as I pulled up into the drive. Nothing looked different here either, same large, open house with Esme's large flower garden. But it didn't stop the sudden nerves that came. What were they going to say when they saw me? What about Jasper? Had he really waited for me?

Stepping out of the vehicle, my shoes crunched against the gravel as I made my way up the drive. Only making it halfway when the door opened and there stood Jasper, the family not far behind. I wasted no time launching myself at him, crushing Jasper in a hug with a grin. He wraps his arms around me tightly.

"You're back!"

Pulling back I quickly kiss him before holding the pendant hanging around his neck in my hand.

"Of course! I believe you have something that's mine, Sir."

"I believe I do, ma'am."